onze

A loud whimper was heard through the yard. It had been a few days since she had last seen most of the pack. The girl had spent the majority of her time pushing herself through training with the Leah, helping out her mother Sue, or conferring with the tribe Elders.

The had decided t make her an official member of the tribe, making her a true Elder. She would be going through a small ritual and receive a tattoo that matches the pack. It would be her proof to the next generations of her status.

Leah barely dogged Aleida's next attack, her front paw already taking a good brunt of the damage.

Both girls were surprised when she was able to control her abilities much more easily. She still couldn't exert herself or go all out but she was flourishing quickly.

Bruises still marred her skin, cuts and scraps were still visible, but she found it easier to move as she prayed for her bones to heal, as she tapped into the earth for energy.

Splitting the earth beneath the wolfs feet, Leah fell ungracefully into a giant hole.

Aleida smiled when she heard small growls and yips from the wolf. "Complaining will solve nothing. This is good for the both of us."

More yips came from the wolf as she tried to pull herself from the hole.

"It is good for your training. You do not want to be around your brothers, so I will train you." Aleida tone was condescending. It was the same kind of tone a parent or an older sibling had, it was incredibly comforting to Leah.

A howl sounded though the reservation. A call for the pack to meet at Emily's. Aleida gave Leah a reassuring smile. "You can do it. Go on and see what he wants. I will join you at the meal after a short walk."

Lifting her hand, she fixed the earth, freeing Leah from her prison.

The girl sauntered over to Aleida and licked her face leaving a trail of slobber behind. The wolf disappeared quickly before she could be covered in dirt or found herself in anther hole.

·····

She knew she shouldn't be here, but she couldn't help herself. The distance had begun to leave a physical mark on her chest, an ugly bruise that would be cured by his presence.

She was disgusted with herself for having to rely on someone else so heavily, only gaining comfort in the fact that he was being as affected by the distance as she was.

She reached the border near the stream. She had tried to get herself as close the the vampire home as possible before scaling a tree.

She rested with her back against the trunk. Sigh if relief escaping her lips as the the bond settled back, giving her a chance to breathe freely as it became slightly satisfied.

It continued to pull, but it wasn't as demanding. It wasn't painful.

Aleida allowed herself to think of him. It made much more sense now when she looked back on it. The land, the shifters had drew her here, but he was the real reason for her arrival. The earth, the gods were aware of a great danger coming and they wanted her here to ensure his survival. She was his vampire mate according to the Elders, he would forever love and protect her. He was her soulmate, she would forever fight by his side, protect him, she was meant to love him. She knew she was meant to love him but she wouldn't let herself.

The bonfire was tomorrow night anyway, she couldn't allow herself to love him when she would be an elder to a pack whose sole purpose was his destruction.

"Hello?" The voice cause Aleida's heart to flutter. His voice was something to be cherished. "I know you're there."

As if on instinct, she started to silently climb down the tree, landing gracefully in front of the boy on the other side.