douze

The flames rose high as the danced, licking upwards towards a kingdom they did not control. Aleida thought them irony of it was beautiful. In the real world, none of it would have been able to coexist, yet in this moment, in nature, they were all companions, working together to better the others. The ocean before them lived on its own, ruling its own domain as it granted the fire to rest on its beach. The air allowed the flames to breath and grow, working together to show there worth, while the earth stayed stable beneath it all.

She loved moments where she had proof of coexistence.

The bonfire was a warm welcoming event, a council meeting is what they called it.

Dressed in her fur clothes, she sat among the elders, a bandaged wrapped around her right upper arm. She would be formally joining them soon. She would soon be a recognized as a person the tribe would seek knowledge and wisdom from.

Bella arrived shortly, and Aleida only hoped that the girl would listen to her stories and legends as well s the tribes. Tonight would be the first time the pack heard as well.

Billy commenced the legends, starting with the spirit warriors. Aleida was entranced at the way his words flowed, how the contained the same magic that she had heard the stories told with. It was wonderful to watch the newcomers soak in the histories and the role they had to play. Even Bella looked completely absorbed.

The other head council members told their legend, Sue taking up Harry's old position. Aleida sent the woman a strengthening smile, knowing she still felt the absence of her husband.

When the final legend was finished, most of the boys were ready to leave, none of them knowing that there was more to come.

Aleida could still hear Emmett's words asking her not to do this, she could still feel her bond pulling on her because of his emotions. She was determined to do this, though.

"Our tribe has had magic for a very long time, it was this magic that brought to us an ancient one," Billy begins.

"Their magic older came from times long since forgotten," Sue tell them.

"It has been many years since they have blessed anyone with their presence, it has been many years since we have welcomed anyone to the tribe." Old Quil spoke slowly, letting the words sink into the pack.

It didn't take them long to piece it all together, the looks on their faces saying it all.

The council leaders placed themselves in front of the flame, and old style dagger is Billy's hands.

"Aleida Underwood," Sue's words rang out. "You were welcomed in by the pack and the tribe. You have shared your knowledge and we would like to honor you for it."

She stood in front the Elders. Her stance proud and strong.

"Do you vow to honor the tribe , our culture and our traditions? Do you vow to live by pack laws and share your experience with the generations to follow?" Billy's words rang out around the bonfire.

"I vow by it and more," Aleida replied. Her hands shaking in anticipation.

"Are you prepared for the position of Elder and the responsibilities that it demands?" Sue spoke. A smile on her face as she saw the excitement growing in the girl.

"I do."

"Do you vow to protect the tribe and the people from it's enemies? To do whatever it demands of you?" Old Quil asked.

"I do."

Billy held up the knife and gave a small cut to each oft the council leaders. Gesturing for Aleida's hand, he cut into her palm.