IV : My Answer

We stare at each other in disbelief and before I can ask him for further explanation, he dashes to the rooftop doorway while giggling.

"YA! DON'T RUN AWAY!" I run towards him and look for him begund the doorway. He peeks like a child after accidentally broke his mom's favorite vase. I approach him and chuckle.

"Ya, Seokmin-ssi, tell me what you've said about me once again."

He shakes his head fast.

"Nope."

"Tell me."

"No re-run. I'll only say it once."

"You lost on our bet. Now get out and tell me what you've said about me like a real man would do."

Slowly he takes steps out from the doorway, but all of the sudden he stops in front of me and salutes me like a soldier would do when they report something to their commander.

"This is soldier Lee Seokmin, age 20, I'm not a kid anymore, not yet a real man. I'll report what I feel right now, Ma'am! Salute!"

Oh, play pretend as a soldier to loosen up, huh?

Or maybe he watched too much 'Descendants of The Sun'? Because if so, then yeah, same.

Well, challenge accepted, soldier Lee. I responded with serious face and pretend that I am truly his commander. "Please do your report, soldier Lee."

"Soldier Lee Seokmin, age 20, realized that he fell in love with Kang Hanbyeol-ssi since 4th grade and still continuing! Salute!"

Shit, I can feel that my chest is going to explode right now. I'm trying to maintain my serious face to cover up this fluttery feelings that fill my heart in a matter of seconds. He's not kidding, right?

"Oh, so now you're confessing your love to me, aren't you, soldier Lee?"

"Y--Yes."

His voice trembles, it's so adorable that I almost burst off in laughter. But I won't ruin the fun right now, so I have to keep playing my part.

"Hmm. How long you'll think it'll last?"

"I don't know, Ma'am. As long as she doesn't love somebody else, I'll keep it as long as I could."

At this point I can heart my own heartbeat. He knows that I'm going crazier and he enjoys it.

"You think so?"

"Yes Ma'am. Even if she have to love somebody else, I'll always love her. even though I have to force myself change it into another kind of love."

"Okay. Now, close your eyes and bow."

"Y... You won't run away from me, aren't you?" He's breaking out of his character out of nervousness.

"How dare you to talk informally to me?" I still refuse to let go of my character.

His head hang low. "Y- Yes, I'm sorry, Ma'am. I'll close my eyes and bow."

Soon after he closes his eyes and bow, I tiptoe towards him, lean closer to him and plant my kiss on his cheek. Oh look, his ears went red real quick!

"She feels the same way too." I whisper to him and immediately sprint to the rooftop doorway.

"Hey! Come back! You ruined the role play!"

He chases me and managed to catch me within three seconds. He hugs me tightly so I can't run away from him.

"GOTCHA!" He spins me off the ground while laughing.