no promises ☆

Unedited ☆゚.*・

My acceptance letter came about a week after the exams. Well, not so much of a letter, rather than a holograph of All Might saying, "Hey, I'm your new teacher at U.A., congrats on getting in." I thought it was just a generic holograph that everyone got, but near the end of the message, All Might went from his normal happy-go-lucky attitude to a much more serious one.

"(Y/N), after reviewing your battle and quirk, we understand your request to keep your quirk a secret to the public until you completely control it, but we can't promise that your peers will not find out about your interesting quirk over the practice trials you will endure." With that, the hologram flicked off, leaving me in my dark, barely un-packed room.

That was a while ago, and the results were released shortly thereafter. I placed at #1 at 200 points, nearly triple the amount of #2. It wasn't surprising, really. I wonder if the results would have been different if I was in a normal exam situation.

Anyways, after eating a very healthy breakfast of coffee and an apple (sarcasm) I endured my mother's constant "did you remember this?" and "Oh, don't forget this!" as if I really needed to take pepper spray. It was a hero academy, after all. I indulged her, due to her frazzled state, and slipped the small pink spray tube into my bag. I felt bad for the woman. She had a broken kid and a husband who abandoned her. I brought her into a hug for the first time in forever, and placed a kiss on the crown of her head. She was a few inches shorter than me, so her head fit neatly into the cranny of my neck as she let out a few gentle sobs. I calmly rubbed circles into her back.

She detached herself after a few minutes, looking at me with a grateful smile with her puffy red eyes, before freaking out when she realized I only had 15 minutes to get to school for my first day. I waved her off, and disembarked for my first day of U.A.

***

Getting there was easy enough, it was finding the classroom that wasn't as easy. I was about 5 minutes late, despite sprinting most of my way here. My muscles burnt, but it didn't hurt. It was the good kind of pain. Class 1-A.

I took a deep breath and made sure I didn't have any pit stains from sweating before opening the rather large door. I was met by the anal guy from the entrance exams yelling at the guy who tripped me. Honestly, I'm not even surprised with luck like mine. My mother always used to say, "if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all (y/n)." She was right, again.

"Hey, isn't that the girl who got 200 points on the entrance exam?" Some student shouted and the room quickly quieted.

Both trip-boy and anal guy looked at me, and immediately their mouths fell open.

"YOU?!" They asked incredulously. Their eyes looked like they were about to pop out. A multitude of questions broke out, just as I had feared. "Wait, but I didn't see her in my arena - was she in yours?" "What kinda quirk is that powerful?" etc, etc,.

"Hey, I'm (Y/N)(L/N), I just transferred from America, nice to meet you." I dodged the questions and introduced myself with an air of finality, as in "don't talk to me or ask any questions if you want to live."

Luckily, the attention was taken away from me as a boy entered the room, and all hell broke lose. Anal guy was all like "let me have your children" and trip guy nearly attacked the poor kid. The girl, Ochako was her name?, entered right after him and and after tripper was done terrorizing the poor kiddo, she started ranting about how excited she was for orientation. The kid looked like he was going to have an aneurysm, he was blushing so hard. I sat on the teacher's desk while watching everything unfold.

"If you're gonna be hunting for buddies do it elsewhere." A man in a sleeping bag appeared on the floor behind Ochako. He looked like he bathed in alcohol and slept in a trashcan.