asleep☆

Unedited ☆゚.*

T/W: as per request, triggering content may be in this chapter. themes such as depression, suicidal ideation, and hospitalization. thank you & enjoy.

Nobody slept that night. After what happened, which has been nicknamed the Dark Bomb (creative, I know), nothing was the same. The villains has disappeared during what transpired, and All for One's attack had been called off due to his fear, and dismay. There was no point if he couldn't fight (y/n).

    Ground Zero, the mile radius around the villain's lair, had been completely levelled, narrowly missing civilian casualties. Reporters and police swarmed the area, snapping shots of anything and everything. The blood-soaked heroes. The nearly-crumbled building. The body bags, which had people, including all of her classmates and mother, asking if perhaps (y/n) was in one of those bags.

    They got their answer after about 15 minutes of pleading to be let on scene, and being denied. Katsuki, covered in blood that wasn't his, walked stiffly out of the building. His eyes cast down, not wanting to reveal his raw and red face to the public. But nobody was paying attention to his face. All eyes were on her, and not due to her beauty or wit this time.

    (y/n) slumped in Katsuki's arms like a ragdoll, lifeless. Her mother broke down crying, Mitsuki, who had come with her, trying her best to comfort her. She was still so beautiful in death, even with too-pale lips and skin.

    Paramedics rushed to Katsuki, who wouldn't let her go, carrying her to the ambulance. The people parted like the red sea as he carried her to the ambulance that couldn't reach the building due to the crowd.

    People say that when your world ends, the world around keeps revolving, spinning around unaffected. But with her death, it wasn't so. People all over the world wept for her, for him.

    Present Mic went on to deliver the news, his usual excited voice somber, but still booming.

    The Best Jeanist, No. 4 hero who barely escaped death, is taking a rest from his duties as a hero for an extended period of time. On top of that, Ragdoll, the No. 32 hero and member of the "pussy cats" who strongly rooted popularity in the hero community...following her abduction, has undergone an abnormal change, and thus her quirk has become unfit for use! Therefore, her hero career has been suspended. In but a single night, many heroes have suffered sever injuries and losses! This is truly "God's Nightmare"! Exactly what will become of Japan from here on out?! And what of its heroes?

    Ragdoll was surrounded by the pussycats as she sobbed, not only for herself, but for others as well. Kouta stood in the doorway watching and listening. The TV once again cracked to life.

    And now, for (f/n) (l/n), better known as Gaia. While she's not yet a hero, she is today. The young hero single handedly defeated the villain squad and the terrible monsters known as noumu, which is something not even the highest ranked heroes could do. To save us, she gave up herself. She is now on life support in an undisclosed hospital, however, due to her stated wishes, she will soon be taken off it it. Rest in Peace, (y/n), we'll never forget you.

    Nobody was left untouched. Kouta cried with his family speechlessly. (y/n)'s mother only sobbed harder. The students of UA stood motionless, wondering how they let this happen. They were the ones, after, that let her go to save him. The heroes sat in a silent meeting, not knowing what words to say to explain what had happened. And then there was him. He, who was not allowed in her hospital room due to the hospital's rule. He, who had to be tranquilized to stop fighting the nurses to see her. He, who sat in the waiting room, an empty husk of who he once was.