Part 1: The Beginning

You were looking out the window as the car drove by these beautiful rocky tall hills of Iceland while listening to your music. You could feel the sun's warm light pecking your face making you feel cozy.

Your mom was in the military and has just gotten a job in Reykjavik to work on base. Yeah, you loved visiting other countries but you hated making so many friends and having to leave them just like that. This caused you to not grown too close with other people.

Your mom stopped the car in front of an old house.. and it was an OLD house, with worn out grey paint on the outside, and dead plants surrounding it. You sighed, getting out of the car to grab your stuff.

"We literally couldn't live in the base? Seriously, I can't believe this house is still standing!" You whined

"Look I've seen the way you are when we lived in the base, you're never happy, you don't go outside, you even complained when your hear the cadets in training are shooting with loud ammunition. So I brought you hear so you and I can both have peace and quiet." Your mother signed in frustration

She unlocked the door and layed the boxes down.

"I have to go on base to check in.. why don't you pick out a room and unpack? Then maybe you can go outside... there's a surprise." Mom smiled and closed the door.

You looked around the house.
'Huh.. it actually looks better in the inside.'

Walking up the stairs, of course picking the biggest room there is, you unpacked and put everything where it needs to be.

You walked down and saw that there was a big trail leading down to what seemed like the ocean from the window. Your eyes brightened in awe and immediately raced out of the house to get your feet wet from the salty cold water.

You don't know why, but you've always loved how mysterious the ocean was. What was in it? Are there any mysteries humanity has yet to discover? Are there mythical creature--

The thought escaped your mind from having yourself fall face flat on the sand from a net. You got up and looked down, "Huh?"

"Oi! Watch where you're stepping!"

You see a tall old man with a white beard and rosy pink skin

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was running." Your face was flustered with embarrassment.

"Eh, doesn't matter.." The old man sighed

"Did I ruin something?"

"Engin, it was nothing.." He seemed distracted

"Sir, again I'm really sorr--"

"Sh!" He hushed you.. and slowly pointed to the waves out to the ocean.

You observed carefully to where he was pointing at.. they were seals.. just three normal seals, as soon as they saw us they quickly same away.

"You might think I'm crazy.. but I'm trying to catch a Selkie.." he said

You looked up at him obviously confused

He looked at you and rolled his eyes mumbling how teens care more about being noticed by their god, senpai, then reading a god damn book about mythical creatures.

"A Selkie is a creature that has a coating of a seal when they're in the ocean.. but when they get out they shed the seal leather off and come out as human.." he explained, you looked kind of freaked out and thought that you'll never see a seal the same again.

"I'm trying to grab myself a female Selkie.. they said that female Selkie's are very beautiful maidens and that when you have their seal leather, they'll become your wife." He then gave you a hint..

"And that the male Selkie's are very handsome as well.. they only come to women who are very unhappy with their lives and all it takes is to shed seven tears into the ocean to meet one." He smirked

You blushed deeply

"Shut up you pervy old man!! What makes you think I'm not happy?! O-Or that I have my hormones kicking in!!" You yelled

He laughed, "What better way can get to know my new neighbor? I'm Ibrahim Jonsson.. but just call me Ibo."

"I'm (Name) (Last Name).. and you can start by normally knocking on my door like any NORMAL human being."

"Oh but where's the fun in that? I find it weird to be normal." Ibo chuckled

"Well, I gotta take care of some things. It was nice to meet you new neighbor." He said leaving.

'What and odd one' you thought and walked closer to the water near the big boulders.