Chapter Two

Pulling on an oversized grey jumper and a pair of denim skinny jeans I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder.  I didn't bother with make-up or even styling my hair, there was no point.  I wanted this day over with as quickly as possible.  Tapping my foot against the floor I waited for Lucy to finished getting ready.  “Come on Luce.  We’re going to be late.”  I called. 

The bathroom door was flung open.  “Okay, okay I’m ready.  Jeez Em don’t work yourself up too much, don’t want that pretty head of yours to explode.” 

I snorted.  “We wouldn’t want all your designer clothes to be ruined with my exploding brain now would we?”

Pouting her lips she let her hand trial along the fur bedcover.  “Damn right we wouldn’t.”  She smiled.  Lucy put her hands on her hips and twirled on the spot.  “So, what do you think?  Nice, right?”  Her short, blond hair was blow-dried to perfection and her make-up was just enough.  She wore a white tee that hugged her slender figure and a pair of shorts with tights underneath.  She did look beautiful, but then she always does. 

I got up off the bed and walked over to the door, opened it and waiting for her to walk out.  “You look gorgeous Luce.” I said sincerely.  “Now can we go already?” 

Her shoulders dropped and her smile was replaced with a pout.  Playfully stomping her feet she walked past me.  “Loser.”  She whispered.  I rolled my eyes and I heard her giggling.        

***

“There is no way we’ll have all those papers done by next week, is he freaking kidding?”  Lucy threw her books in to the locker before slamming it shut.  “You’re lucky you don't have that class.  Everyone was so pissed.”  She linked her arm through mine and pulled me down the corridor.  “Heard about Cole’s party tonight?”  I nodded.  “Uh oh, please tell me you’re coming?  You can’t not come Emmeline.” 

I raked my fingers through my hair and sighed.  “Luce, you know I'm not into parties and all that.  Besides I've got work to catch up on, you’re not the only one with a jerk for a teacher.”

                She immediately came to a stop and spun me round until I was facing her.  “I don’t care if your life depends on it.  You’re coming to that party.”  Oh if she only knew, I thought to myself. 

A party with Lucy would be fun I couldn’t deny that, but I had more important things to do tonight and hopefully there wasn't going to be some obnoxious jackass in my way.  “Okay, I’ll try and make it after I've finished the paper.  Maybe around 9?”  I asked even though I had no intention of turning up.

Lucy’s eyes lit up and a smirk I had come to know all too well appeared on her lips.  “There’ll be a lot of hotties.”  She sang. 

I smiled and shrugged.  “There aren’t that many ‘hotties’ in Rosewood.” 

Lucy gave me a look that told me she was clearly questioning my sanity.  “Are you serious?  Have your eyes been welded shut or are you lying Pinocchio?”  With her hands on her hips she waited for my answer. 

Glancing around at the sea of guys that passed us I realised Rosewood Academy was like a box of chocolate, it had every different type you could want.  My eyes fell on a tall, blond haired guy who stood leaning against his locker talking to everyone who surrounded him.  His muscular body was shown off perfectly in a navy blue polo shirt and jeans that hung low on his hips.  My mouth literally watered.  “Yeah, definitely lying.”  I admitted.