Chapter Four

Chapter four is finally up! I know, it took me forever, eh?! Anyway, hope you enjoy it and as usual vote-comment-fan if you like it. <3

Author's Note: Parts of this chapter might upset some people. 

Chapter Four

It had been a week since I last saw that jerk and for some unnerving reason it bothered me.  I hated him so why the hell I wanted to see him was something I couldn’t figure out.  Of course I was still here and that was because our teachers had drowned us in work and there was always someone in our dorm until late night.  By the time I had finished my work I’d crash and not wake up until the next morning.  Lucy didn't speak to me for two days after I ditched her and the party, but I managed to bribe her with the promise of a double date.

                His name was Daniel; she was madly in love with him and had been for the past couple of months.  She’d never actually spoken to the guy, but it took me twenty minutes to find out he liked her as much as she liked him, and arrange the date.  He was a nice guy and suited Lucy perfectly.  I actually have no idea why it had taken them this long to figure it out.  Despite her love of fashion, make-up and guys, plus the fact she could easily fit in with the high school stereotypes of cheerleaders, Lucy was the complete opposite.  She was quiet and actually quite shy, which a lot of people would never guess.  Maybe that was only when it came to Daniel though.     

I still had no idea who my date was.  Daniel said he was bringing one of his friends, but I had never met any of them so it was pointless for me to even think about it.  All I knew was that his name was Addison.

Nine dresses, twelve tops, six skirts, four pairs of jeans and five different pairs of shoes later Lucy had finally decided on her outfit.  “You look beautiful.” I said and gave her a warm smile.  She really did.  Her floral, cream shirt pinched in at her waist and the loose sleeves cascaded down her arms.  She had matched it with a light grey bandage skirt and a pair of heels.  Her hair was curly and pinned up and her makeup was, as usual, perfect. 

Her eyes roamed my body. “You look like a girl.”  She said in all seriousness and a little shocked.  Gee thanks!  “Holy cow!  You’ve got legs?”

I rolled my eyes.  “Have you seriously just asked if I had legs? Of course I have legs.  What do you think I do, float everywhere I go?”  She laughed. 

“You look really... wow, just wow.”  She said before tilting her head to the side.  “You should wear stuff like that more often.”  Her face lit up and I had a feeling something was coming, something I wouldn’t like.  “Oh my God, we should go shopping!”  And there it is. 

Now, don’t get me wrong I don't hate shopping in fact I always used to go on Saturdays with my mother.  Shopping was fun.  Shopping with Lucy was not.  She was the girl who walked in every shop and tried on every item of clothing.

“First we get the date out of the way, then if I haven’t died of boredom I’ll think about it, okay?”  She nodded.

I looked in the mirror one last time.  I guess I looked alright.  I felt like a wedding cake topper, but Luce assured me I didn't look like one.  I wore a pale gray dress that fell just above my knees and hugged my waist.  It had three quarter length sleeves which were made from sheer lace.  It was an amazing dress.  My hair was left to fall in its natural waves and I had little make-up on.  I wore a pair of cream flats because I was already a good couple of inches above Lucy and I didn't want to tower of her too much.  I already felt like a wedding topper I didn't need to feel like Godzilla as well.