Chapter Five

Hey guys! Finally another chapter is posted.  Sorry if it's boring, just wanted to introduce Harry to the story.  As always, enjoy and let me know what you think! <3

Chapter Five

My legs bounced up and down, as I rung my hands in my lap. The worn out couch I sat on creaked with every movement I made. Now that everything was over, my mind became as tired as my aching body was and it felt as if my throat was filled with glass every time I swallowed. My eyes travelled across the room I was in. It was mostly dark only lit by two dim lights and it had an old, woodsy smell to it.

Not surprising considering I was in a cabin in the middle of Holden Forest.

Every now and again my mind would flash an image of that guy lying with his throat cut open and half of his flesh gone, but I pushed them away as quick as they appeared. I didn't need to think about that. What I needed to think about is what he wants from me.

The log burning fire gave off an orangey glow and despite appreciating the heat radiating from it, I pulled my dirty jacket tighter around my body. I may of felt safe with him, but a feeling of not wanting to be close to him took over my body again.

I had so many questions that I needed answers to and others I was just curious about, but I was almost certain he wouldn’t be the most open guy so I went with the simpler one first. “What’s your name?” I asked, my voice croaky and dry. His eyes watched me so intensely, I felt that I had to look away, but couldn’t. It was a gaze that almost entranced me.

He stood with his hands in his pockets and despite the relaxed posture he held, I could see his body was tensed. He seemed to think about my question more than was necessary.

Doesn’t he want me to know his name? It was strange that someone would bring me to his home only for him not to speak to me, right?

Too lost in thought I hadn’t realized he had taken a few steps closer to me until he cleared his throat. “Harry.” He answered simply; his voice was deep and husky.

“Harry.” I repeated, liking the way it rolled off my tongue, and then hating that I liked it.

“I’m Emmeline.” I have no idea why I held out my hand out, but he ignored it anyway. Feeling my cheeks heat up ever so slightly, I rested my hand in my lap again. “So...” I trailed off. What the hell was I supposed to say? He took long enough to give me his name I'm pretty sure he’s not going to tell me his life story. “You’ve got a nice home.” I said, sounding like a complete idiot. Sighing heavily, I rolled my eyes. God, what a thing to say!

My eyes locked with his again and all I kept thinking was why they have they changed to black? Does he were colored contacts? Maybe he was born like that, you know, the way some people have two different colored eyes? Either way they were beautiful, yet terrifying. I felt a tinge of heat hit my cheeks again when I noticed the corner of his mouth lift slightly. “Do you need anything?” I focused on his expression, but the small smirk I received just second ago had vanished and had been replaced with an icy exterior.

What do I need? Stupid bloody question to ask myself. “No, thank you.” You’re stuck in the middle of a forest, my mind informed me. “Oh, I could use a map or something, if you have one?”