Chapter Three

Another chapter is up cuties.  Love to hear what you think of it. <3 -BlackDrop

The sound of my alarm was quickly silenced once it was thrown against the far wall.  Who in the world invented that stupid thing?  I was seriously pissed.  I had spent the past six hours lying on my bed staring up at the white ceiling wondering what the hell happened last night.     

                My thoughts were distracted by the sound of my ringtone.  “Urgh!” I groaned as I sent my cell flying in the same direction my alarm did.  Talking to someone now would not be the best idea.  I didn't have to worry about waking Erica; she had crashed at the party like everyone else probably had.     Those stupid black eyes flashed through my mind and before I knew it, the glass on my bedside table was thrown against the door.  Everything went to plan, Erica left for the party leaving me alone in our dorm.  Knowing everyone was at the party I was sure I wouldn’t have any interruptions.  I couldn’t have been more wrong.

The light breeze hit my body bringing with it a sense of familiarity and despite it being warm, my shorts and tank didn't keep the shiver that ran through my body away.  I silently prayed for no interruptions.  I wanted this over with and I was ready for it to happen tonight.  Like I had every other night, I tilted my head to the sky and spoke to the three people I loved.

                Okay you guys, I'm here again and this time it will be the last.  It won’t be long until I'm there with you and we’ll be a family again.  Sorry about last night.  Blame that stupid jerk.  I don’t even know who he is or why he has decided to make me his new play toy.  I do have to give him some credit though; I didn't even see the obnoxious jackass leave that stupid little note on my desk.   

I thought about what the note had said.  ‘Looks like the suicidal girl backed out after all.’  I laughed.  He went to a lot of trouble to point out the obvious, didn’t he?  Apparently he was the stupid one.  “Thank you, Stalker.” I said aloud.  Strangely, I was happy I laughed one more time.  Even if it wasn't because of a good memory, it still made me have one last hearty laugh. 

Before I took the final step off the edge, I went through the list of things I wanted to do.  I had made sure all of my work was handed to the tutors and I had left Erica a letter explaining why I did it.  Holding my right foot out in front of me, I took a deep breath, smiled and allowed myself to sway forward. 

Feeling my body fall through the air, everything seemed to slow down.  I pictured the faces of the three people I was doing this for. 

My mother.  Her dark brown, shoulder length hair that framed her face.  Her light green eyes that held nothing but goodness and love.  Her naturally pink cheeks and her thin red lips. 

                My father.  His short strawberry blond hair.  Eyes a shade darker then my mothers.  And full cherry lips that covered a crooked smile. 

                My brother.  His naturally curly, sandy blond hair.  His eyes were a chocolate brown.  His nose was small and he had the same thin lips as my mother.

I was happy.  For the first time in a year, I was truly content.  There was nothing else to do but wait for the end.    

Only it never came.

There was no pain.  No white light.  No pearly gates.  Not a bloody thing.  My brows pulled together in confusion, what the hell happened?  I opened my eyes and found myself staring up at a black blanket spotted with thousands of tiny diamonds.  I smiled, this is beautiful.  Not what I was expecting, but beautiful none the less. 

“You’ll find you’re looking at the sky, Jumper.”  A husky voice said.  I knew that voice from somewhere, it wasn't my father’s, it was... 

My head snapped up and there in front of me stood a black figure.  “You son of a bi-”

“Be nice.” He warned.  Nice?  Freaking nice.  Was he kidding me?

Getting to my feet I had planned on storming over to him and punching him in the face, but instead I fell to the ground again.  My head was spinning and my eyes hurt.  “What did you do?” I yelled.      

His voice was calm, but I could hear the edge of anger in it.  “You should be grateful.”

Hell no!  I straightened myself up, ignoring the feeling of nausea that washed through my stomach.  “Grateful?  What the hell should I be grateful for?”  I stood with my hands on my hips.  I couldn’t see him properly, he was still just a black figure, but for some reason I didn't feel comfortable with the thought of being too close to him.  Not bothering to let him answer I continued.  “What is wrong with you?  You have no idea who I am or what I want to do this for, and before you say another one of your stupid ideas, you’d be wrong.  I don’t know who you are, for the love of God I don’t even know what you look like.  So please tell me why, for the past two days, you’ve been practically stalking me?”  My chest heaved in and out, trying to calm my breathing after my little rant. 

He, however, did not move nor did he speak.  Just when I was about to give up and take a running leap at him, hopefully causing him to break something, his gravelly voice broke the eerie silence that surrounded us.  “You’re welcome.” 

I blinked, but then had to do a double take because the figure that was in front of me seconds ago had disappeared.  I rubbed my eyes hoping my none-existent fall was to blame for my sudden loss of sight. 

No, he had definitely disappeared into thin air and I was definitely crazy.   

Like? Hate? <3