Chapter 10: Lazarus

He was alive.

Her brother was Alive.

Dipper Pines, no longer in his pale, glowing form was laying right there by Mabel's feet. His skin was bruised and swollen and his chest- for the first time since the day he died, was slowly rising and falling.

Mabel's knees buckled and she crumbled to the ground beside her brother. She held him tightly. She could feel him. He was actually there. This was actually happening.

Mabel jumped slightly when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Come on, let's take him upstairs," came Stan's voice from behind her.

                     .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Mabel wasn't sure how to react to what just happened. It was all too much to handle.
She sat on her bed and watched while Stan and Ford tended to Dipper.

"I need ice and some bandages." Said Stan's brother after examining Dipper's minor injuries.

"Could you grab some, Stanly?"

"Wait, Grunkle Stan?" Mabel cut in, obviously confused "You're name's Stanford."

Stan's brother looked appalled,"You took my name?"

"Woah, hold up- you're Stanford?" Mabel asked, almost falling off the edge of the mattress in bewilderment.

"Yes, and here is my brother Stanly who stole my name, my house, and Lord knows what else!" Stanford yelled.

"You were dead, Ford! What else was I supposed to do?" Stan fired back, curling his hands into fists.

"Well now I'm back, thanks to you and your ignorance towards my warnings!"

"It was my fault you died in the first place." Stan said, suddenly solemn.

Ford looked surprised, then angrier than ever, "You shouldn't tamper with life and death, Stanly, I learned that the hard way and now look where that got us!"

The more Mabel listened, the more her head began to spin. Sure it was great that Dipper was back, but the more she thought about it the more she thought-was it really a good thing?

Speaking of Dipper, his eyes fluttered open and he began shifting underneath his bedsheets.
"...Mabel..." He mumbled, swallowing hard before opening his eyes. His eyes widened when he saw Stan and Ford towering over him.

"Who-who are you?" he squeaked. His voice was horse and scratchy.

"I'm Ford, Stan's brother." Ford said, turning to face Dipper.

"He's the author of the journals!" Mabel mouthed while pointing an eager finger towards Ford.

Dipper began to look sick as he gazed up at his idol, "you're the author?"

Ford straightened and lifted his chin in a proud manner, "Yes, I am." he announced. (Stan rolled his eyes)

"The-the author of the journals..." Dipper muttered before falling unconscious again.

After a short silence Mabel finally spoke up,
"...so does anyone want to tell me your long elaborate backstory?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~