Chapter 23: The Battle

It was the day.

Mabel, Dipper, Wendy, and Soos had set out to the Fearamid on foot. They were already almost there, it was a short hike.

Mabel hummed and walked with a small skip in her step. Dipper held somewhat of an unspoken respect for his sister's optimism, though he felt as if they were heading to war, which they pretty much were.

Dipper's stomach churned anxiously as the Fearamid loomed overhead.

What they were doing was practically suicide. Yet death just happened to be the only thing Dipper no longer feared.

"Okay guys," Wendy said, stopping a few dozen yards away from the Fearamid. She turned to the group.

"Soos and I will distract Bill- you two find Ford Like Dipper said, Ford's the only person who could possibly know Bill's weakness."

Dipper and Mabel nodded.

Mabel armed her grappling hook, "ready?"

Dipper adjusted his hat and nodded, trying to  feel brave. Until then Dipper had never really realized that bravery isn't really something someone feels, it's what you do.

"Ready." He finally said.

Wendy took a grenade from her belt,
"Let's do this," she growled, pulling the pin and throwing the grenade as far as her strength would allow her.

Everyone ducked and plugged their ears as the grenade exploded, sending small chunks of the Fearamid flying through the air, creating a gaping hole in the side.

A voice boomed from inside the Fearamid,
"What the heck- WHO DID THIS?!"

"Run!" Wendy called to Dipper and Mabel, it was their cue to hide on the sidelines while she and Soos distracted Bill.

Dipper and Mabel ducked behind a building and watched as Bill furiously exited the Fearamid to confront the trespassers.

They ran around the perimeter of the Fearamid. Mabel used her grappling hook to pull them up inside the opening. When their feet touched the ground they shared a fist-bump and Mabel retracted the grappling hook.

"Woah, this place is huge," Dipper said in awe.
He shivered when his eyes landed on the throne of stone bodies.

"Where's Stan and Ford?" Mabel asked, peering around the room.

Dipper looked closer towards the opposite side of the throne until he spotted a fluorescent blue cage that held Stan and Ford.

"There they are!" Dipper exclaimed, beginning to trod towards them.

"Wait, do you hear that?" Mabel said, pausing and squinting at something on the other side of the throne room, "someone's still here." she whispered.

Dipper listened for a second until he could hear faint calls coming from somewhere near the giant throne.

"Come on, I think someone's in trouble" Mabel said, readying her grappling hook and running ahead of Dipper before he could stop her.

Dipper sighed and ran after her

The closer they got, the clearer they could hear the voice.