Midnight Helper?

As I was on my way home from the Sports Festival, the Principal came to talk to me. 

"Bringing a handmade bento on Sports Day, that's wonderful." 

"Why don't you ask your wife to make you one?" A gentle smile comes to his face in response to my casual question. 

"I've never been married..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did he mean by that? Yamato says the Principal is his father, but the Principal says he's never been married... 

*Clang clang* 

Yamato's mother and the Principal were never legally married. And even after that, the Principal remained single... Why didn't he marry Yamato's mother? Was there some reason he couldn't? 

"Kuni's not in today?" 

"Gah!" Lilly's face suddenly appears in front of me. I'm shocked out of my thoughts, and I almost jump out of my skin. "You surprised me..." 

"No way, I'm not some monster, you know." 

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something." 

"Thinking, huh... then it's got to be... boy trouble! Leave all your love woes to me! I can tell you all about both boys and girls!" 

"I'm sorry, but that's not it." 

"Oh really? Well, feel free to talk to me about anything! Anyway, where's Kuni?" 

"Uncle Kunihiko's out on another job today. It's just me and the manager." 

"Oh, I see. Too bad, I really wanted to see him!" 

"Would you like your usual herbal tea?" 

"Yes, please." Lilly sits down at the bar. She then notices the flowers in the corner. "Those flowers... Kuni couldn't have possibly...?" 

"Oh, I did those. Remember when you brought him flowers before? I took care of them, and he made me his Flower Manager." 

"Oh... You did these?" Lilly looks intently at the flowers in the flower vase, turning it around in different directions. After looking at them for a while, she claps her hands once. "I can't believe the one I've been looking for was here the whole time! To think, to meet a person with such extraordinary talent in a place like this!" 

Extraordinary talent? 

"Hey, little lady, come here." 

"Y-Yes?" I say.  

Lilly brings her face right up to mine, her eyes shining. 

"Are you free today?" she asks me. 

"I was just going to go home after work." 

"That's perfect." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Well..." Lilly's eyes shine. "I want you to help me!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm home! Sorry I'm late. I know I should have told you sooner, but I won't be having dinner... What the hell!?" That night, Yamato opens the living room door and his eyes widen in surprise. I'm surrounded by flowers, concentrating on making a bouquet. "H-Hey, what happened, are you opening a flower shop or something? Hey!" 

"A-Ah!" Yamato shakes me vigorously, snapping me out of my daze. "Oh you're back. Welcome home." 

"Some welcome this is. What is all this stuff doing here? Are you doing something on the side?"