Oneshot Three: Young and Fighting

Based on Overwatch

Key:

(F/I): First Initial. (Y/A): Your age.

I was in my mech, fighting off the Cybermen. Their little metal suits were no match for my enormous double guns that fired constantly in their faces. The guns felt a little bit plastic tough, considering I wasn't used to plasma cannons with anti-recoil, but guns with metal bullets. 

"Keep looking around for their spaceship, it has to be somewhere to the north. Be sure to destroy it." captain Fardale informed me. I sent out a signal to the rest of my team saying that I was going for the spacecraft and started my rocket engines. I was a better pilot than a troop, so this was my jam. "(F/I).Va one, bad guys zero." I tought by myself. A Cyberman with a machinegun tried to stop me quite agressively, taking a quarter of my shields down. I quickly opened my Defense Matrix, destroying every bullet he shot at me. I took him down when he was reloading. Is this easy mode?

I was the immense spaceship and made my way over to the entrance. Just a bit from the door, I saw a blue box standing there for no reason. I ignored it and entered the ship. I didn't encounter any Cybermen tough...

And then, I saw him. A weird looking guy in his mid-twenties, wearing a tweed jacket, a bowtie and some kind of device in his hand. My immediate reflex was to shoot him, but something about that man made me wonder. Then, he noticed me. "Oi, don't shoot me! I'm on your side!" he yelled, looking a bit suprised to see such a small girl in such a colossal pink mech. "By Gallifrey, how old are you?"

"(Y/A), the youngest mech pilot in a century." He shaked his head. "Way too young, I bet you still sleep with a teddybear and a nightlight. Little girls like you shouldn't be on the battlefield." His British accent made him sound even more like he was trying to diss me.

"Well, (Y/A) or not, this little girl is going to let this spaceship explode by self-destructing this pink beauty, so get out of here, professor know-it-all" His eyes widened. "You're giving your life here, just so you can destroy this ship? That's ridiculous! How can they expect a teenager to do that?" Wait, this guy tought I was going to kill myself? "Heck no! I'll jump out of it, you dummy! I've exploded more MeKa's than I can count!" He seemed relieved for a bit, then he frowned again. "There are still innocent people from other planets on this ship. They need to be saved first." I had not counted on that. I decided to let the captain know about the situation. "MeKa pilot Six codename (F/I).Va reporting from the hostile spacecraft: there seem to be held some innocent citizens from other planets here, do I evacuate them?" The voice in my earpiece answered: "Try to get them out of there, but your top priority is to destroy the spaceship." I let the man know what the captian had said to me. "Good, how much time do we have? I looked at the projected timer in my cockpit. "We've got eleven minutes to be exact, so we better get going." He nodded, and we got going.

Something felt odd, and I couldn't shake that feeling off. Was it coïncidence that I met this guy? I manouvred my mech to the place the man pointed at with that weird device, and saw something horrible. I'll never forget their faces. Their expressions of despair and sadness scarred me for life.

It was a room filled with cages. In the cages were children, women and men of all ages. They cried for help when they saw us, stretching their thin arms trough the bars. My heart broke. This was war.

I inmediatly ejected from my MeKa and tried to shoot the locks of the cages with my pistol, but nothing worked. "You would think they would be prepared for this..." the man said. He scanned the lock with his device,  read the data and shook his head. " This isn't the proper timing, but what's your name?" the guy asked. "(Y/N) (L/N), codename (F/I).Va, pro gamer and recruit of the MeKa legion. May I know yours too? "