Oneshot Five: (Y/N) in Concert

Key:

(F/T): Favourite Tea (and if you don't like that, it'll be coffee)

The stage was my playground, my home and life. From musicals to concerts, I've done it all. Music and acting, those went hand in hand in my head. I've worked with many succesfull artists, and was a rising one myself. Indie was my jam, so fans of Halsey, TOP and P!ATD started to also listen to my music. And today was the day: the first day of my tour. 

The name is (Y/N). 

I'm an succesful music artist.

And I also was a former companion of the Doctor.

'How?' I hear you ask. Simple story: audition gone wrong, went home crying, saw a blue box standing at the end of the road, walked over to it and met the Doctor. I went travelling with him for a year, then returned. Turned out I was casted anyway. It was the chance of my life, so I put time travelling on hold and played in the musical. I told him I would return, but it was now over three years, and things went crazy. I never thought I would get so far in my life, I could only dream about it. And suddenly, I stand here,on a stage in a sold-out concert, in a dark blue dress with wings on the back. Time flies...

The microphone trembled in my hand, marking my nervousness. "Just keep breathing..." I said to myself. I've met some monsters on your time-travelling adventures, so a concrent wouldn't be hard, right? Some of my songs were based on what I've seen, like that one time we saw some Weeping Angels. "Following you from the shadows dark as ink, keep your eyes on them and don't blink". Sounds familiar? Yup, Angels spotted! I wondered what the Doctor was doing now. Probably fighting off some monsters with the Ponds. The usual stuff.

"Hey, (Y/N), are you alright? You look nervous." Fiona came towards me, carrying a paper cup in her hand. "Here, some (F/T). You're gonna be fine, don't worry. The crowd loves you!" I chuckled. "Yes, they love me. But when I make a mistake, that'll soon change." She patted my back. "Shush you. Don't be so pessimistic. You've preformed on Broadway! So this isn't really a challenge, is it?" She was right, I was going to be alright. Fiona hugged me after I drank the cup on the table next to me. "I would've never come so far without you. You've always been there. That one time where you kicked that guy in the nuts, you kinda saved me. Thanks, Fi. I appreciate it." When we parted, I saw a tear shimmering in the corner of her left eye. I wiped it away with my thumb, looking her in the eyes and pressing my forehead against hers, like we always did. "Don't cry, Fi. Look, I'm now heading over to the stage, it's starting." She said: "You're gonna own the place, girl." I shook my head. "No, we are gonna own the stage. It's not because you're not in the spotlights you're not a part of the tour." A crew member told me that they waited for me. I waved at Fiona and made my way over to the stage.

Game on.

The applause was overwhelming. The blue spots were blinding, so I could only see a few rows of the crowd. The rest was pure blackness. I brought the microphone to my mouth. "Hello wonderful people!" The crowd went mad. This was what I missed when I went travelling with the Doctor: making people happy. Sure, saving planets is helping them, but this is just... different. I looked over at my drummer. He tapped his drumsticks four times, and then started playing. The bassist and pianist joined in, and then it was my turn.

"It lurks in the darkness of your mind, it lingers in light of the moon."

Yup, the Angel song. Little to no people did know it was based on my adventures, they wouldn't believe me anyways. The wings on my dress resembled it even more. I looked around in the crowd while singing. Scanning faces was one of the most fun things to do, because if someone saw you were looking at them, they would freak out and scream in happiness. Some emo girl noticed that I was smiling at her, and literally started crying. I outstretched my hand towards her and high-fived with her, considering she was on the first row.