Oneshot Four: Crazy (TRIGGER WARNING)

I was sitting at the therapist's desk, ruffling my fingers on the wood. The clock showed the seconds pass by ever so slowly. She wasn't usually late, but she said she had an "emergency". Probably some case of attempted suicide of some kind. They did everything to prevent such things, but sometimes it only made it worse. Like Emily, Kokoro, Simon...

Let's just say that a lot of things... happen.

I've been here for the past two years, either locked away in my room or in this office. I was a hazard to myself, at least, that's what they said. But they didn't know what I've seen that night. What I've been trough ever since they've arrived. The angels came and took mom. They didn't move, but just came closer. She was sealed away, and I was the only one who saw it. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, but I always knew what I saw wasn't one of the many hallucinations. The meds that they shoved down my throat made sad, like a cloak of darkness draped over my shoulders.

Mrs. Abboy came in, a folder in her hands and her glasses on the point of her nose. "Ms. (L/N), please listen closely. We've tried for so many years to find a good therapist, and I think I found one. Please give him a chance."

A rather weird man entered the room, fixing his bow tie and smiling at me. His red suspenders and tweed jacket only added to the look of a professor. He kind of reminded me of Albert Einstein. But l knew that looks could decieve.

"Ello there. How are you?" he said in a British accent. Sheesh, everyone seems to have that accent these days... He sat down in the chair across mine and folded his hands. If looks could kill, he would already be buried. I did not trust him, but his eyes still stood friendly. "Can I know your name?" he asked. " (Y/N) (L/N), better known as "that schizo girl that everyone avoids". His eyes narrowed and he tilted his head slightly. "What a beauiful name. The first one." he quickly added. "Nobody should call you like that, (Y/N)." Now I noticed his eyes. They were different. Unlike any I've seen before. They looked... old. Like he had seen the whole universe already.

Mrs. Abboy left the room, as usual, so Mister Old-Eyes could have a talk with me. After the door locked behind her, he bent over the table towards me. If he tought that I was going to back off, he was wrong. I didn't look away from him when he stared at me for over a minute.

"Whatever your revolutionary method may be to cure me, I'm not interested. So just give up already and end the session, I'm hungry." He smirked: "You've seen them, haven't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"The Angels. The Weeping Angels. The moving stone statues." What? Is he trying to fool me that he actually believed me? Heck no, not today, Mister Suspenders. But then, why did he call them "Weeping Angels"?

"They took my mom. She didn't stand a chance. Poof. Gone. Never seen her again. But Alas..." I rolled my eyes, "nobody will ever believe me. I am indeed schizophrenic, but I'm not mad. It's not because a hallucinate all the time that I'm not able to think normally anymore."

"I completely agree with you. And I'll tell you even more: I've seen them myself." Okay,  now things got interesting all of a sudden. What in the name of poop? Is this some kind of reversed therapy method?

"Look, man. I told you already that I don't want your help. Spend your time on helping someone else, I'm not worth the effort. My mom has been taken by some kind of weird statues and I still suffer from that trauma. Seven others have failed before you, so don't see it as a walk of shame. I'm going to be stuck here for a long time, but I really couldn't care less." He casted me a weird look. "So you don't want to get away from here? I thought I would help you if I got you out of here."

"Of course, I want to leave, but at what cost? No more meds, no more white jackets please. I'm already broken enough, thank you. No need to shoot a corpse." I sighed, why did people always tend to just insult me once more after I already broke down? Was it really that neccesary? Just that one more?

"I'm not going to do anything you don't want. I don't want to hurt you. But I got a plan to get you out of here. The only thing you have to do is... to trust me." Ah, I wondered when that sentence would come. Step one of therapy: get the patient's trust. Never.

"And why would I trust a bow-tie wearing man with suspenders and a rather eccentric hairstyle? If you've got a good look in my files, you would have seen the word "paranoia"  flash by, don't you? Or did you just burst trough the doors, saying you can cure me and plan on taking me with you?" He chuckled. "That is literally what I did, clever girl. Just like that. So," He fixed his bow-tie with a childish grin on his face, "want to see some planets?"

"Excuse me, are you serious? Or are you just a walking inuendo, 'cause in that case, heck no." He raised his non-existent eyebrows. "Oh you silly girl, of course I'm serious! Just come with me for a minute, just give me one chance. I promise I won't let you down. Not this time..."  he said under his breath. He grabbed my hand and pushed the door open. We ran trough the hallway, towards the exit.

When we got outside, I noticed the blue police box. He unlocked the door and went inside. I followed him, and what I saw was... out of this world.

Literally.

"I did not expect that. Am I hallucinating again? Please tell me what's going on with this place." I said to no one in particular. I seemingly had a strange habit of doing that. "This is the TARDIS, a time-travelling spaceship. And I'm the Doctor." he told me.

"How exactly do you cram a whole spaceship in a 1960's police box?" I  asked him, still staring my eyeballs out, my mouth hanging open. "Perception filters. Simple, but brilliant if used correctly." Alien tech? Probably...

"And are you... human?" Was that rude?

"No, I am a Time Lord. An alien travelling trough solar systems and time periods, at your service."

And they told me  that I was mad.

"That is... also quite unexpected. But I'll take it." Not that I got a choice...

"Listen, I get it if you want to stay here, but give me a chance. Trust me. I've had my eye on you for a time, and you seem like a good person. I choose my companions with care." He looked me in the eyes, greenish brown meeting (Y/E/C). Immediately, a horrific thought popped up in my mind.

"What are the risks of going with you?" He scratched the back of his head. Oh no... "Did you have other companions? What happened to them?!" I started to panic, is this guy a living hazard to the people around him?

"Well... some of them left. Some were left behind. And some... died. I cannot guarantee your safety all the time, some people wanted to kill me for years, and they will not hesitate to use you to their advantage. But travelling without a companion is also dangerous to me. Without someone to keep me sane, I go crazy, I start talking to myself. Had earaches for a week."

"So you just can't stand being alone." I concluded, raising one eyebrow. He nodded.

"Well, not like I have anything better to do, sure." I stated. He smiled and started pressing buttons on the console. "Ehm, Doctor?" He turned his head. "Yes?"

"What if I hallucinate in the middle of a rather dangerous situation? What if I start doing things I don't want to do? What if I go mad?" I needed my pills, otherwise the dopamine overload in my brain would cause me to go crazy. He smiled and said: "Don't worry. I got you covered." A pill bottle appeared in his hand, but I didn't recognize it. "They were giving you way too high doses, this would probably help you more." He put the bottle in my hand and folded my fingers around it, like a flower. "Once a week. Yes, I am also a real doctor. I'll send you my consultation fee." He smiled and started pressing buttons on the console.

"GERONIMO!"