Chapter 8: Stages of Grief

*WARNING!* May have triggers here and there. Plus it's a long chapter...
Denial
Will was outside the tent of telepathy, the show still going on, with just Mabel on her own. She seemed to be a little bit more disconnected from reality, like she was an outsider.
Then again, who wouldn't be if they were grieving for their sibling? someone they were indeed close to?
Will seemed to be extremely torn up over Dipper, often being seen crying over his death, sometimes Mabel and him would cry together which was a rarity, the townsfolk thought.
What struck them the most was their new-found friendship; weren't they once enemies? not even that but a slave and mistress? Maybe it was the fact Will was Dipper's fiancé and widow at the same time that grew the now unbreakable bond between Will Cipher and Mabel Gleeful.
Who knows?
When the moon rose and the show ended, all the people filed out, either deathly silent or talking quietly amongst themselves. Mabel joined Will outside, saying to herself "this can't be right, this can't go on" suddenly saying "no, no. I'm fine. The show's better right? RIGHT?"
Will gave no answer, biting his lip as more tears ran freely down his pale face. He felt sick to his stomach.

Anger
Mabel, Stan and Ford were in the lounge relaxing after a long day; the time seemed to drag on forever now they were forever without one Gleeful. Will felt this as he sat up in his room, the door was locked.
Suddenly there was a loud crash coming from Will's room as well as his angered yells, making the other three occupants flinch.
"What the hell was that?!" Stan growled. This was followed by loud sobbing and incoherent mumbles, the sound of breaking glass could be heard afterwards.
Ford nervously went upstairs and knocked on the door to the demon's room.
"W-Will, open the door!" Ford ordered.
"NO!" yelled a voice from inside the room.
"Come on. Let me in. Please" Ford pleaded.
"Why him?! why'd he h-have to leave us?! h-he was d-doing so well in his life! I-it's not fair!" Will growled, sniffling afterwards.
"I-I know, we all miss him too. Especially Mabel. I-I'm sorry your fiancé was taken from you" Ford said softly, coming in. His eyes widened as he saw the mess of Will's room.
His bed had been flipped over, his bedding on the floor. Books and papers were strewn around the room, his mirror was smashed and a few pictures had fallen from their nails on the wall, the wallpaper had scratches on it.
Will was beneath the window, holding a bloody piece of glass in his gloved hand, blood running down his arm like small raindrops. His skin was pale and he glared at the man in his room, throwing the glass down. "Get out! get out!"
"W-Will! l-let's just c-clean you up" Ford spoke gently, carefully helping Will stand. Will then began sobbing in the man's arms, utterly helpless.

Bargaining
"Why? why? why? why?!" Mabel said repeatedly through her tears, looking at a picture of her and Dipper in the Tent of Telepathy. It was a few days after Will had hurt himself out of anger, and the grief was hitting both of them harder than anyone else in the family or town.
"Why did you have to go? why couldn't it have been me? or Will? Why you?!" she exclaimed.
She put the picture on the table, sitting in her blue plush chair.
"Why you?" she whispered, crying once again.
"Dipper would say the same thing if it had been you dying" Stan told her, standing in the doorway.
"No, no. Nobody understands. I want my twin back!" Mabel shrieked.
"I know, we all do." Stan sighed, then walked away, leaving her alone.

Depression
"Will! Mabel! Dinner!" Stan called from upstairs, but no reply was sounded as neither of them emerged from their rooms.
Will Cipher cried softly, covering his ears and rocking back and forth, the scabs and scars on his arms re-opening as he scratched at them slowly, not even flinching at the stinging or flow of fresh blood. He had talked less and less, the small baby bump on his stomach had grown since the funeral.
His eyes were sore and his clothing were in tatters, his room in a similar state as to when Ford had found him for the first time.
Mabel also looked worse for wear; she hadn't eaten much or even slept, becoming thin and frail with dark shadows around her teal eyes which were bloodshot because of crying so much. Her clothes were wrinkled and dirty and she was in need of a shower, her luscious hair had deflated becoming flat and tangled. She looked much older even though she and Will were both in their late teens/early twenties, as was Dipper when he passed on. She looked tired.
They both looked as if they themselves were dying.
Worried, Stan went to check on Mabel, Ford looking in on Will.
When Ford opened the door a horrible smell of mildew, stale blood and sweat as well as poor human hygiene hit him, making him gag.
He stared at Will for a few seconds before fainting. Stan gave an uncharacteristic yelp of terror when he saw his great niece who was now a hollow shell of her former self.
"We gotta get them to hospital!" Stan yelled, then saw Ford had passed out.
Sirens were heard around the Gleeful's property, loud and unforgiving.

Acceptance
Time dragged on for all eternity until the effects of the depression slowly wore off everyone, Mabel and Will started to talk again, beginning to build their strength back and getting into their normal routine.
"You guys alright?" Stan asked them.
"Yeah. I feel a little better" Mabel replied. Will nodded.
"That's good to hear sweetheart" Ford smiled.
"T-Thanks for getting us t-to hospital quickly" Will chimed in, drinking some water.
"No probs, Will. Or should I say, soon-to-be nephew in law?" Stan said, a chuckle escaping his lips at the end of the sentence, Will giggled silently.
"Yeah. I'm gonna miss him a lot. I wish I could see him on the happiest day of my life" Will sighed.
"I know. We all do" Mabel replied, fixing her headband.
They all shared an equal facial expression of sadness but they were soon replaced by soft smiles as happy chatter began to radiate throughout the dining hall.