CHAPTER 12: C H A R M I N G

B R A N D O N

"Miss?" Bob called, raising his hand. "Uh, can I go to the restroom?"

"It's 'May I go to the restroom'." Victoria corrected.

"Hey I asked first." Bob snapped.

Everyone looked at Bob then at me as if saying "What's with your best friend?"

Bob is a cheerful person, but he was even giddier today than the rest of the days of the week.

I shrugged an answer. It was the day of the week where Bob becomes snappy with excitement—it's because he's excited about the opening of his Catholic Club today. Every Friday means it's club day at CRHS and Bob has gathered groups of people . . . if five makes a club then sure.

Of course I didn't have any choice when Bob asked me to be his right hand—rather the Vice-President—of his club. He even texted me another Bible verse before coming to school (like he always does):

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your HEART.-Jeremiah 29:13

Pray, and Lord Bless! So excited about our club! –BOB.

Speaking of HEART . . . I carefully looked around and noticed everyone went back to Mr. Johnson, our Art Class Teacher, throwback the history about Sketching.

I slowly unfolded a new piece of pink scented paper and read it. The first statement—with a beautiful penmanship—already made me smile involuntarily like a Cheshire Cat.

Hey handsome, my prince charming,

You're the only one that was on my mind when I woke up this morning. I couldn't stop thinking about you, honestly. You're really sweet, and the most perfect guy anyone could ask for.

You're amazing and kind and you probably won't notice me. I wish you would. Like the old days.

Saw you today helping someone. You always are. And maybe that's the reason why people hate you even more—but that made me even love you deeper than the deepest trench in the world.

I saw you got a concussion. If I could, I'd help you. I really, really would. But thank God you're alright. Um, so the paper's getting shorter, so I'll end it here.

Best of wishes for you!
xoxo, HEART.

P.S.: Write back soon, okay? I'll be waiting. I miss you.

I hastily crumpled the paper into my palm and covered it with both of my fists as I rested my chin on it, pretending to listen to the teacher, when Bob quickly returned and took a seat beside me.

Oh shoot, had anybody seen me reading that letter? I flushed; my heart was racing.

I sighed in relief, knowing Amanda wasn't in this class.

However, ever since the day when I got the stupid concussion, which also the day that I forgot to text back to her, she never left my side (besides classes, of course). And I didn't mind, because a huge part of me was guilty of things that I couldn't explain. It's this "boyfriend-thing" I'm feeling that I don't think is normal.

Although there are times when she constantly asks me to go to my house and finally meet my mom I was really uncomfortable with that. Not that I was ashamed to have Amanda as my amazing girlfriend, it's just that, well, everyone in the house will, not only creep Amanda out (especially my Mirror-Image Twin Brother) but so will they start interfering about my love life.