Day 2: Han River

Han River

(10:31pm)

I'm totally fangirling right now.

After parking Jin Yeong's bike nearby, we stopped by 7/11 to buy a couple of ramyeons. We boiled them with hot water in a foil bowl. Then, we sat by the bank of the river as we watched the bridge's lights go off in different colors.

He did all the work, you know. He even split the chopsticks for me. Honestly, I kinda felt like we were on a date. But of course, that was just the delusional side of me talking. I knew he was just being a gentleman. Still . . . 

For the first time in my life, I felt like a normal girl.

We ate in silence for five minutes before I spoke.

"Do you always go here?"

He nodded. "I live nearby."

"Eodie?" Where?

"Gangnam."

I gasped. "You live in Gangnam?"

"Oh," he said like it wasn't a big deal, and continued eating his noodles.

I stared off to space in wonder. I heard rich people live there.

My eyes wandered to his clothes. With a black backwards cap on his head, he was wearing a black sweatshirt with its sleeves pulled up to the elbow, plain jeans, and white sneakers. The fact that he wore a silver necklace under his shirt didn't escape me either.

I was in awe of how laid-back he was. It was as if he had no worries in his life.

"Done," he declared, lowering the bowl down to his lap.

I snapped out of my reverie and turned back to my own bowl. Did I mention that even their ramyeon was spicy? Honestly, it was as if everything here was dipped in red chili sauce.

"Did you enjoy the samgyeopsal last night?" he asked.

I almost choked on my food, making him chuckle. He handed me a bottle of water, to which I took and immediately drank some. I had no idea what to say so I continued to drink until I emptied the whole bottle. I wiped my mouth with my hand when I was done. So ladylike.

Clearing my throat, I replied, "I would've, if someone wasn't staring at me so much."

He laughed at that. "You stared first."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call 'caught red-handed.'

"Touché," I agreed. "Let's call it even, then."

"Shiro," he said stubbornly, smiling nonetheless.

"Why not?"

"I didn't get to eat properly from staring at this girl too much. You owe me a meal."

I scoffed. "No way."

"I saved you – twice."

"I didn't ask you to."

"You made me pay for that tteokbokki."

I bowed. "Thank you for that wonderful treat."

He stared at me for a moment, then let out a laugh of disbelief.

"Ah, nevermind."

I grinned triumphantly.

After throwing away the foil bowls, we decided to walk by the river. It was really a nice scene. The city skyline was striking. The river wasn't smelly nor did it appear dirty.