Epilogue: Yi Jin Yeong

Incheon Airport

(07:15am)

"How'd you know I was coming?"

Jin Yeong turned at the sound of the voice, and his eyes widened. A Korean man who looked a few years older than him stared back.

"Shin hyung!" he exclaimed in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

His older brother stopped and stared at him. "You're not here for me?" He raised an eyebrow as he scratched his clean-cut black hair, finding that fact weird. "Abeoji called me to come home."

Jin Yeong frowned, growing suspicious by the second. He didn't trust his father. Whatever his Abeoji was planning, it was definitely far from good.

"Why?"

Shin shrugged. "He told me I needed to attend a wedding – family unification or something like that. It has arranged marriage written all over it."

Jin Yeong couldn't agree more.

"Nugu?" Who?

Shin studied his little brother, who appeared far too interested in the subject. Why wasn't he informed of this? Why didn't father tell Jin Yeong, why only Shin?

"Who's getting married?" asked Jin Yeong, stepping closer to his brother in case he might miss the answer.

Shin raised his chin. "Where have you been? Why aren't you aware of this?"

Jin Yeong opened his mouth to speak but his phone started ringing then. He glanced at the screen and tensed when he saw who was calling. He took a deep breath, before answering.

"Abeoji."

"Jin ah," called his Abeoji gruffly. "We need to talk. Come home."

"Araseo," deadpanned Jin Yeong. Just like that, his nerves were all over the place. When his father hang up, he turned to Shin who was still watching him. "It's me, isn't it?"

Shin didn't answer. From his brother's silence, Jin Yeong nodded in understanding. Shin sighed and slapped Jin Yeong's shoulder in encouragement, smiling sheepishly.

"Chugha?" Congrats?

But Jin Yeong wasn't listening. His mind was on another place, working on overdrive – his heart pounding harder against his chest the more he thought things through. He didn't want to believe it was possible. He didn't want to get his hopes up.

"Hyung," he began, his brows furrowed as his brain ticked wildly, "did Abeoji mention who the other party is?"

"Oh, I think it's some – What do they call her? Ah – Yakuza Hime."

Jin Yeong blinked at Shin. His hunch was right. 

"Why do you look so surprised?" asked Shin, chuckling. "Jin ah, don't forget who we are."

Jin Yeong shook his head, snapping out of it.

"You mean what we are," he countered.

He wouldn't admit it to Shin, but never in his life was he ever so thankful of what he was born into than at that moment.

"You say it like it's a bad thing," snorted Shin. Then he pointed a finger at Jin Yeong, and added, "Neoneun Geondal Wangja, Yi Jin Yeong. Deal with it."

There were a lot of things Jin Yeong and Shin disagreed on. But this was one of those times that Jin Yeong gladly agreed with his older brother.

For the first time in his life, Jin Yeong was looking forward to doing what was expected of him as the son of his Abeoji. There was no dread, only anticipation.

"Jin ah, do you remember who you are now?" asked Shin smugly.

The corner of Jin Yeong's mouth turned up, and he flashed his brother a smirk. He was finally ready to claim what was his.

"Daega Yi Jin Yeong ibnida, Geondal Wangja."

I'm Yi Jin Yeong, a Mob Prince.

_____________

You guys didn't think I was just gonna end it like that last chapter, did you? I'm not that cruel. Gotta admit, though. It was fun reading your reactions. Hahaha! ;)

PERFECT SONG FOR THEM, BTW! I'M SO GIDDY!

Anyhow, this is it. Thank YOU so much for reading this short story. I enjoyed writing it. And dude! This is the fastest I've ever finished a work! Woot woot!

YOU: Are you planning to write a sequel? Come on, write a sequel!
ME: Maybe in the future. Who knows? Only time will tell. For now, Imma let your imagination run wild. ;)

2019 EDIT: After three years, there's finally a sequel > Sorumeito. Check it out in my works. Enjoy! :)