Day 4: Gwacheon Camping Site

Gwacheon Camping Site

(11:11pm)

"Andwae!" No!

"Wae?" laughed Jin Yeong.

"I don't have make-up on," I protested, my voice muffled from covering my face.

We just finished washing our faces at the nearby public bathroom. For my last night in Seoul, we were going camping. Today was full of adventures. It was an awesome way to end my Seoul trip.

"Exactly," he said, before pulling my wrist again.

"Hajima." Quit it.

"Shiro." I don't want to.

"Oppa!"

There was another round of laughter.

"Ara, ara." I get it, I get it.

I peeked through the gaps of my fingers. When I saw that his head was turned away, I slowly lowered down my hands. Before I could fully reveal my face, he suddenly faced me again. My eyes widened and I covered again.

"Oppaaaaa!"

"Aigoo," he laughed, putting an around me as he ruffled my hair. "Gaja."

"Psh."

"Yuki-chan."

I glanced sideways at him, not caring if he saw my bare face anymore. Seriously, I was just playing around, trying to be cute earlier. I really didn't mind if he saw me make-up less.

"Neo . . . ippeuda," he finished, pinching my cheeks.

"Ack, hajima." Ack, stop.

I couldn't giggle properly with the way he was pinching my cheeks. He chuckled, smoothly sliding an arm around my shoulders as we walked back to the tent. I welcomed his warmth.

"Have you ever gotten drunk?" he asked.

I nodded. "The first – and might I add, last – time I got super drunk, we were at this beach and I apparently threw sand at people while I laughed about it."

He burst out laughing. "Gwiyeo." Cute.

I stifled a laugh. "More like, evil."

"I was just asking because I brought chicken and beer for our midnight snack."

I blinked. "Jinjja?" Really?

"Oh."

"Yay!" I beamed. "I've always wanted to try chicken and beer!"

"Ah, geurae?" He nodded. "That's good, then."

When we got back to the tent, he prepared the food while I set up our table. Seriously, he took care of me so much. Hypothetically speaking (but of course also badly wishing), if we were together, I had no doubt that I would be spoilt rotten by him.

There were two sets of chicken; one with barbecue sauce all over it, and the plain fried one. Jin Yeong handed me a plastic glove and as soon as I put it on, I picked up a chicken wing from the barbecue bunch and brought it to my mouth. I had to close my eyes from the yumminess.

This is heaven right here, people. Every food lover on earth should give this a try.

"Mas-issneun?" Delicious?

"Neomu!" So much!

He grinned for a second, but then he looked down and he suddenly looked serious. I considered if I should put my food down and wait for him to say something.

"I've been thinking about what you said," he started, "about me being afraid I'll turn out the worst of them all."

I lowered the chicken I was holding.

"I think you're right," he admitted, his hand playing with the edge of his can of beer as he leaned back on his folding chair.

"I think you're wrong."

"Mwo?" he asked, frowning in confusion.

Yep, I'm a confusing girl.

"I don't think you'll be the worst," I decided just now, my brows furrowed as I thought carefully about this. "The fact that you're doubting yourself makes you aware of what you can and can't do. That fact already makes you wrong."

He leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees.

"It means you'll be stronger than the temptation," I continued.

He kept his eyes on me, and I ignored the feeling of self-consciousness rising in me.

"You can make a difference," I finished, meaning it.

Jin Yeong proceeded in staring at me, and I saw it coming then. My stomach felt like it was in knots and my heartbeat accelerated. I knew what he was gonna do next. And I let him do it.

I let him lean in, grab the back of my neck, and pull me to him.

I let his lips meet mine.

I let myself open up to him as I kissed him back.

I let myself be vulnerable . . . and surrendered.

But there was that looming gray cloud over us. With every breath exchanged, I was reminded of what was to come. I was reminded that this couldn't last.

What were we doing? We were only torturing ourselves.

"I'm leaving tomorrow," I reminded him, against his lips.

"I know," he murmured.

He smelled so good. He was so warm. His lips were so soft.

But . . .

I pulled away gently, looking into his eyes even though it hurt to think I'd never get to see him again after tomorrow.

"This won't work out," I stated.

He closed his eyes and released a sigh, placing his forehead on my shoulder. He didn't say anything, probably knowing that I was right.

We each had our own duties to our families, that meant long distance was a bust. We were both still young, we had no say in our own lives yet. Even if we did, we had our responsibilities tying us down. It wouldn't work at all.

I slightly envied those Western kids who got to leave their homes at eighteen and were expected to live their lives independently. They had no obligations. In Asia, it was different.

Family is everything.

"I don't want to let you go," he said in no more than a whisper, pulling my waist closer to his body and closing the gap between us.

My free hand went up to the back of his neck, and I stroked his silver white hair. I breathed out and squeezed my eyes shut.

"But you have to."

He finally raised his head and looked at me. A bright smile stretched on his face, and I knew then that the playful Jin Yeong is back.

"Not yet," he said, the tip of his tongue sliding across his full bottom lip in that sexy way guys do to drive girls crazy – and I was this close to jumping him. "I still have you for tonight."

I smiled warmly at that.

"Yeah, you do."

__________

I thought this was too short, too. I seriously tried adding more dialogues, but I couldn't come up with anything. I think everything important detail about their lives has been already shared between them.

You ready for the last chapter? ;)