Day 4: Yuldong Lake

Yuldong Lake

(10:45am)

I'm gonna die.

"Gwaenchanha?" asked Jin Yeong from beside me, his tone amused.

"Are we really gonna do this?" I panted, which was weird because I didn't even run to be out of breath like this.

"Oh," he nodded. "Unless you're too scared to take up this challenge."

I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously.

"You're using reverse psychology on me," I pointed out.

"Not sure," he shrugged, looking away. "Am I?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, let's get this over with."

I caught him smile, before he said, "You don't have to do this. No one's forcing you to jump."

"Shut up, Jin Yeong –"

He raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"– oppa." I chinned up determinedly. "I'm doing this."

One of the staff called to us and spoke in Korean. Jin Yeong chuckled, before replying to him. The rest of the people in this eighty plus story metal thing burst out laughing and it sucked because I didn't even get the joke since I haven't learned full Korean yet.

See, we were going bunjee jumping. I couldn't even remember agreeing to this. But somehow, we ended up here. I honestly think I'd prefer sky diving to this.

Apparently here in South Korea, when couples have dates, it's the job of the guys to prepare the whole itinerary of the said date. That doesn't sound too bad, right? The thing is, though, I don't like surprises. Especially ones that could lead to my death.

As I pouted, not bothering to hide my uneasiness, I felt Jin Yeong's eyes on me.

"Wae?" I muttered, trying to fight the temptation of peeking down.

"Ajussi told us to wrap our arms around each other," he told me a-matter-of-factly. "He said it's the best way to brace the impact."

I frowned. "Ah."

With a smirk, Jin Yeong opened his arms wide. I almost snorted. If he thought I was gonna be shy about this, he should think again. I practically skipped several stages of friendship with him already and quickly advanced to comfy close friend status (I've seen his abs).

I rolled my eyes at him, and played it cool in hopes of hiding my rising giddiness. I stepped towards him and placed my arms around his waist.

"You better be right about this," I told him.

He is super warm.

He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me.

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"The rope might tear and we die," I answered, without skipping a beat.

"I am in awe of your optimism."

"I know, right?" I said sarcastically.

Why wouldn't the nerves go away?

He let out another chuckle. "You ready?"

Closing my eyes, I tightened my hold on him and took deep breaths. My heart was beating so hard and so fast. I wasn't sure which part of me dominated, the excited-I'm-trying-new-things part or the scared-so-much-I-might-beep-in-my-pants part.