Founder's Day

The Gilbert House 

Bonnie and Jenna were helping Bella and Elena get ready for the Founder's Day Parade as they were to be in the float. They were both getting their dresses on and curling their hair. They looked very similar because of their outfit and choice of hairstyle (which they had no objection to by the way).

Bella completely forgot about who was going to be her 'suitor' on the float and started to panic, realising she didn't ask anyone. She already told Elena these queries last night and Elena took it into her own hands to save the day. She asked her brother Jeremy to be Bella's partner and after their friendly conversation the previous night, he agreed willingly.

Bella then spoke up and said to Elena, panicking,"Who am I going to bring to the parade?! I forgot to ask anyone!" Elena quickly calmed her and replied,"Don't worry, after our conversation last night, I asked Jeremy if he would do it with you, and he agreed"

Bella let out a sigh of relief as she thanked Elena for her help. Bella didn't want to admit it but she kind of like Jeremy, she understood him on a personal level and she thought he did too. She then asked Elena curiously,"How did you get him to talk to you?" knowing that the doppelgänger and her brother were not on the best of terms. Elena replied sadly,"I didn't, well not really, I texted him and asked him, because I knew he didn't want to talk to me in person"

Bella sent Elena and apologetic look, seeing her struggle to convince her brother that she was sorry. Bella said,"I'm sorry Elena, he will forgive you eventually,he can't hold a grudge forever" Elena thanked her new friend for her support and turned around to Jenna, to continue with fixing her dress.

Elena said in pain,"This dress really hurts" Jenna replied,"Suck it in baby" which caused all of the girls to giggle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls left Elena's house, Bella getting into Bonnie's car and Elena getting into Jenna's car. They made their way to the school but Bella couldn't keep down any more guilt. She confessed to her younger cousin,"I didn't deactivate the device"

Bonnie shouted,"What?! Why not?" Bella replied sadly,"I know grams wouldn't have wanted it, plus after the way Damon treated you he deserves it"

Bonnie got less angry at the mention of her now dead grandmother and said,"You're right, she wouldn't have, but you really screwed them over Bella, what are we going to do?"

Bella replied,"We are just going to have to make sure every vampire we care about is out of Mystic falls by the time the device is activated"

Bonnie asked, not wanting to hear an answer,"And what if we can't convince them to leave?" Bella replied, clearly annoyed at herself for her actions,"Then we are all screwed"

They continued to drive and finally got to their destination. All of the girls got out and spotted the Salvatore's having a heated argument. They decided to approach them and then Damon and Stefan saw Elena, looking even more stunning than usual, and they both were amazed at her similarity to Katerina, the first of the Patrova doppelgänger bloodline.

Bella turned around, as she felt she was interrupting a moment, and accidentally bumped into Jeremy. They looked into each other's eyes for a moment, enjoying the view, until Bella said to Jeremy, clearly flirting,"Oh Jeremy, you are looking quite dapper this evening" Jeremy smiled at her greeting and replied equally as flirty,"Why thank you, I must say you are looking quite ravishing as well"

The two laughed at how stupid they were acting. Bella heard Bonnie call for her to come over and unfortunately had to leave Jeremy, so she said,"I'm wanted, I'll see you on the float" Jeremy nodded and watched as Bella left to go to Bonnie. He couldn't help but feel attracted to her, he didn't want to,especially since his girlfriends mother just died, but he couldn't help it.