•3•

if you read this book so far and you are going to comment that the plot is going too fast for your liking for gods sake just read the last chapter of this book and leave

When I opened my eyes, I was on the couch in my apartment. My head was throbbing and I reached to touch it, feeling a bandage. It was still dark outside and there were no lights on in my living room. Suddenly, I saw movement from the chair next to me and the lamp was turned on. The boy from school was sitting there, eyeing me from afar.

"Well, this isn't how I was wanting to meet you in person." He sighed out.

"Wait, what?" I mumbled out, rubbing my head as I sat up.

"It's me, Baekhyun. I was hoping this wouldn't be how we met since I warned you to stay inside at night." He said. My eyes widened and I grinned, realizing what I had been dreaming of was finally happening.

"You're Baekhyun? Why didn't you talk to me in school?" I asked, kind of disappointed that he never attempted to be friends even though he knew who I was.

"Well, it was to make sure you were safe. And I didn't really want you to get bullied, since everyone seems to hate me because I'm so quiet." He said.

"Oh, that makes sense." I replied.

"I just have a lot to tell you, (y/n)." He sighed out.

"Okay, tell me everything." I said. He nodded.

"I'm not normal. You should know that much by now. But I am something feared for ages and ages. The reason I bit the man's neck is because I have to do it to live. I know this sounds really stupid, but you might know me as a vampire. But I'm not like the ones everyone knows. We can go out in sunlight, and crosses and garlic don't work on us. But I've been watching you lately, and since we chat I could always open up to you even though I didn't in person. When a vampire is hungry, we go for any human around us. But I don't want that to happen to you. I want you to be mine." He said, looking at me with his mesmerizing eyes.

I sat there not knowing what to say. I was still trying to process everything he just told me. The man who I had dreamed of meeting for months was finally right in front of me saying he had feelings for me. I had developed a crush on him, but this was very sudden.

"Well, um, maybe I could get a few minutes to think, it's just very sudden." He nodded at my response.

"If that's what you want. Don't be so scared of me (y/n). I won't hurt you." He said, a glimmer of worry in his eyes.

"Well, if you don't mind, could we maybe talk about this vampire stuff?" I asked, patting the seat on the couch next to me. He seemed somewhat nervous as he got up and sat by me.

"So if you're a senior in high school with me, how long have you been a vampire?"

"Well, I was turned about 500 years ago, but I've been moving from town to town. Since I was bored with my life a while back, I decided to join the senior year of high school. I was about 18 when I was turned." He said.

Since he was becoming more comfortable with me, he was becoming more himself and dropping the cold hearted facade.

"So, what now?" He asked after a long awkward pause.

"Why exactly do you want me to be yours?" I asked him, curious to know.

"You are a lot different from many other people here, and thats why I started chatting with you online. Most vampires find mates by looking for years until someone strikes their interests. They try their hardest to get that person to be their mate, and if they fail, they move on alone until they are killed. The ones who survive instead of being killed are alone until the end of time. But if the person chooses to be with the vampire, they have to become a vampire as well. But after that they can live forever and never be separated." He said.

"So if I end up not liking you, you'll be alone forever?" I asked. He nodded with a sad look on his face. I felt bad at the thought of that happening to him and I already had a crush on him anyway, so it made sense for me to say yes.

"I'll be your mate. I don't want you to be alone forever." I said.

"Make sure this is something you are serious about. It's as serious as marriage but at a higher level. I don't want you to make this decision and want to back out when it's too late." He said, grabbing my hands. His hands were freezing and my heart fluttered, sending a chill down my spine.

"I'm sure about this. I want to be with you, Baekhyun." As I said that, he grabbed my chin while leaning his head closer to mine.

"Let's seal it with a kiss." He whispered into my ear. He pushed my lips onto his and kissed me passionately. I immediately melted into the kiss, tangling my fingers into his black locks. He kissed onto my jaw, and down onto my neck, biting into my skin with his fangs. The pain was so intense that I blacked out again, falling into his arms