•6•

We had fallen asleep on the couch after the movie ended. When I woke up, I realized it was time for school after checking the time on my phone. I woke Baekhyun up and went to get ready. He groggily trailed up the stairs after me.

After I put my uniform on, I went downstairs. Baekhyun finally trudged down them a few minutes later, sloppily dressed in his uniform. I went to him, fixing his tie quickly.

"Baek, your hair is a mess." I said, laughing at his bed head. He just sat there and smiled as I fixed it. After I finally got it somewhat under control, we grabbed our bags and started walking to school.

As we were walking, a few other people from our school gave us strange looks. I glanced at Baekhyun and he smiled at me, grabbing my hand and squeezing it. I squeezed his hand back. This was definitely going to be an interesting day.

-

We finally got to the school and all eyes seemed to be on us. I searched for Nat and finally found her at her locker. When she saw Baekhyun holding my hand, her eyes grew wide.

"Um, hey (y/n). Hello, (y/n)'s boyfriend." she said, obviously nervous. Baek did a small wave, still with a blank look on his face.

"Hey Nat. Well, obviously a lot happened this weekend and we should probably chat about it later." I said. She nodded and all three of us walked to the first period.

When we got to the first period, Baek looked at me and smirked. He went over to his seat and sat down, while I blushed and dragged Nat to our desks.

"Ok, tell me everything." She said.

"Ok, well you might not believe everything I tell you, but just try." I knew she would understand though because we've been best friends since we were babies, and we told eachother everything.

"Okay, I know you wouldn't lie to me." She said.

"Well, I was walking home from the library really late the other night, and someone was following me. I tried running home, but a guy in an alley grabbed me and told me to give him my money. I called for help, but he smacked me and I hit my head on the ground. Before I blacked out, Baekhyun saved me." I said.

"Wow, that's his name? But how did you guys get all lovey dovey?" She asked.

"Well, this is where it gets a little strange. He took me to my apartment, and explained himself. He's the guy I've been texting for all these months, the one i had a crush on. Not only that, but he's a vampire, Nat." I said. Her eyes widened, but I could tell she believed me.

"Whoa, that's so cool! So are you like his vampire bride or something?" She asked, getting excited.

"Kind of. He asked me to be with him and I said yes, so he turned me." I said, pointing to my bandaged neck and kind of feeling stupid by how I was explaining all this.

"Woah, what does it feel like? Are you gonna live forever? Do you have to drink blood?" She asked, really curious.

"It's strange, yes, and also yes." I answered her.

"Woah, this is so cool." She said.

"Yes, but you can't tell anyone." I said, holding out my pinky.

"Okay, I promise." She said, linking her pinky with mine.

-

It was finally lunch time, and Nat and I were sitting at our usual table. Baekhyun hadn't entered the lunchroom yet, and I was getting nervous. Ever since finding that letter, I really didn't want to leave him alone.

He finally walked in and he walked over to our table. He sat down next to me and grabbed my hand. All eyes were on us, making me a bit uncomfortable. It was like these people had never seen a couple, so Nat decided to speak up.

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING AT? GET A LIFE!" She yelled. Everyone suddenly looked down and went back to their conversations. Baekhyun looked at Nat and smiled a bit.

"Thank you for that." He said. She looked shocked that he actually spoke but nodded.

"It's no problem." She said, going back to her food as we continued chatting.

As we were sitting there, I kept feeling eyes on me again. It couldn't have been Baekhyun though, because he was busy drawing. I looked around the lunch room and my eyes linked with a man. He looked away quickly as I eyed him. 

He had darker short hair, and gave off a scary vibe. I remember hearing about him as Kyungsoo. He looked back at me and I looked away, a bit confused. Could Kyungsoo be the person that wrote the note? But if he had it probably would have K instead of D. But then again, I didn't know his full name.

-

The whole rest of the day, I could feel Kyungsoo's eyes on me. I noticed Baekhyun could tell because he kept glaring at him. A few times I thought they were going to get into a fight because of their intense eye contact and the anger between them in the air.

The last bell finally rang and Baekhyun grabbed my hand. We walked out of the school. He kept cracking jokes and making me laugh. Suddenly, we heard a loud voice behind us.

"Byun Baekhyun." The person said in a dark tone. Baekhyun turned around and looked at the person. His faced paled somewhat and I saw that it was Kyungsoo.

"What do you want?" Baekhyun asked him. He smirked and neared us. Baekhyun wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me a bit closer to him.

"You obviously know. You took what was mine." I started to get really nervous as he said that. It was definitely him that wrote the note, and I realized there were more than one vampires here, and some weren't that nice.

"Well, she's mine now. There's no going back." He said. It started to all click. Kyungsoo had wanted me, and Baekhyun got me first. Kyungsoo seemed to notice this and spoke up.

"That's right, (y/n). I could tell you knew I followed you that whole day. But that drunken idiot in the alley had to ruin it, and Baekhyun just had to appear out of nowhere. It looks like we were both after you that day. BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ME!" He yelled. I flinched and grabbed onto Baekhyun's shirt.

Kyungsoo eyed me fiercely, and his gaze went down to the bandage on my neck. He scoffed and glared at Baekhyun.

"Well, it looks like you've already made her yours. But I'm still not done with you, Byun Baekhyun. You better watch your back." He snarled, as Baekhyun glared daggers at him. Kyungsoo walked off and Baekhyun and I were left alone.

He grabbed my hands and squeezed them. 

"Don't worry. I'm going to do everything to protect us." He said. I smiled and just hoped he could keep that promise.