1. A wolf called Raven

hey welcome to this book! It is very old so bare with me, I have decided to finish then edit it to make it readable ^^ enjoy

It was fate. I couldn't help it, I couldn't change it. It was my destiny.

It was fate that I fell out of the box. It was fate that the door did not shut. It was fate that he happened to be there at that very moment on that very day. It was my destiny.

I am raven. A jet black blue eyed wolf-dog and proud companion of the young prince. The young prince's name was Bentley, he had scruffy black hair and emarald green eyes that I could stare at all day. I know I know 'why would you do that?' but I would do that because I love him.

I know it's wrong I know I'm only his pet...and a guy.  But during these eighteen long years I've grown to love him and only recently I've learnt why. I am only 18 years old in human and dog years. It's because I'm half dire wolf; they live for as long as humans do.

It all happened by chance.

It was the prince's third birthday and his father had decided to get him a dog to play with. They had travelled down to a local breeders farm who was famous for her way with dogs. And only her family and eventually I knew why.

This day was the first day in a while that she was able to turn back into a human. It was because she had just had pups. It all happened when she was walking through the forest one day and came across a male dire wolf. And it was all just by fate.

On that day she had weaned us of her milk and placed us in a box out of the way. Making sure nobody would be able to find us.

I was the most adventurous of the pups, always wanting to explore and have fun. Our mother had taught us we were animagus cross and it would be harder for us to shift than normal animagus because we were more dire wolf than human, but she would teach us.

I was too young to remember it at the time but the first time I shifted it all came bounding back to me.

My mother had just tucked us up when there was a knocking from near the house. She jumped then peaked round the shed door. After a few moments she came back and kissed us goodbye, then closed the door behind her. I whined then whimpered as the door creaked open again, but nobody walked through.

Bentley jumped off of the carriage excitedly, he couldn't wait to get his present! His father huffed and ran after him "Bentley get back here now this is not how a young prince should act!"

Bentley just ran faster before being scooped up in the king's arms.

A knight walked up to them silently "shall I call for one of the maids my lord?"

The king scowled "No! ...Sorry, I mean I shall not need assistance. It's time for me to raise my son on my own!"

The knight bowed obediently and stood by his side.

Bentley started to cry after a few moments and the king put him down. He walked over to the knight, laughing. The knight looked down nervously when Bentley started hugging his legs. His father chuckled in amusement "Bentley leave the knight alone you're scaring him".

Suddenly a middle aged looking women walked out of a shed and closed the door. The king immediately changed his attention to her and she smiled at him. She bowed then pointed to a pen "this way to the pups your majesty".

The king talked to her for a while and Bentley got bored, as a child would. He looked at the puppies for a while then decided they were too boring. He looked at a door that stood slightly ajar, interesting, what could be in there? He laughed then ran up to it ready for an adventure.

I roughly sniffed around trying to find a way out of the box, I wanted to find my mother.

Suddenly I heard laughter and stood on my hind legs, trying to see over the edge of the box. There was a cute looking boy standing at the entrance, he was looking around for something to play with. I whined and scratched the box, causing the boy to look over and laugh again.

He ran over and tried to reach up to stroke me. I eventually jumped out of the box and stood on the closest one to him. He slowly tried to stretch up and I tried to reach down. Suddenly the box toppled over sending me toppling into him and him toppling out of the shed.

"BENTLEY! GET HERE RIGHT NOW!" The king was striding over, his face holding an angry expression. The little boy got up while crying with me in his arms, holding on tightly. The king turned sympathetic when he noticed "I'm sorry son, are you okay?".

I reached up and licked his face, and he immediately started laughing. The king smiled and reached down. "And who is this then?" he picked me up and looked me over. Bentley started to huff and moan and reach for me again. "Ah a dire wolf, this will be your companion forever, might be a bit too frisky though".

Bentley started crying and reached up to me. Then the king laughed and gave me back. He hugged me tight and I whimpered with affection, I liked this boy. "I think we can work on that." he said when Bentley laughed as I started wagging my tail while licking his face. 

The king told the knight to put me in a box and he reached down to get me. Bentley hugged me tight and turned around. "Mine!" he said with trouble. The king beamed at him then picked him up before they walked to the carriage and he placed us inside.

I whimpered, suddenly worried. The man walked up to the woman who was too busy cleaning everything up to notice what was going on.

"We have to get going now, here is the money" He said seriously and she looked at the pen, which had no dogs missing, then to him, confused. He smiled politely and she took the money, assuming he was just being nice. He waved goodbye then the knight opened the door again, he then got in and sat right beside us.

The carriage set off and it was an awkward silence for a while . I whined and whimpered as we got further away from my home, I didn't want to go that far. The king reached out and grabbed me, turning me over in his hands. "You're a fine specimen aren't you?"

I gave a moaning growl and licked his hand, asking him to be more gentle. He laughed then patted my small head. Bentley moaned after a few moments and he gave me back.

The young boy cradled me then snuggled against me like I was a teddy bear before he slowly fell asleep.