3. Intruder

ugh, these long paragraphs though T_T

I yawned in the fading sunlight. I  had just woken up from a very long nap.

Bentley had been practicing his sword fighting for over an hour now.  Even though the days were longer this season ,the sun was already setting. I tried to get up but huffed and lay back down. It was past dinner time I was supposed to be lounging by the fire in the reading room by now.

William and Jake huffed and walked up the hill to sit by me. They sighed and sat either side of me ,rubbing my ears “why is he still going , if he is that worried he should just back out!” Jake moaned then laid down using my back as a pillow. I whined then licked his ear. He laughed then rolled over onto the grass. “why?! Just why?! I can’t take it any longer!” William laughed “maybe if it was a weapon of your choice competition we could use raven and be done with it!” Jake smiled “then we wouldn’t have to actually do anything.” I huffed and closed my eyes. Even though being stuck in wolf form had its bad days at least i wouldn’t be able to open my mouth and talk about unintelligible dribble.

“what are you guys blabbering about?! Get over here and practice with me!” They both groaned and got up. I sniffed the air and smelt food.

I got up and trotted down the hill. “uh you’re pets running away!” Bentley turned around. “raven! What are you doing?”. I crouched down and stalked towards the trees. I stood still getting ready to pounce. Bentley raised his eyebrow and stopped what he was doing. Suddenly a squirrel jumped out of the bush. I jumped forward instantly and caught it between my teeth, it gave a sharp squeak and lay still. I turned around and Bentley was glaring at me with his arms crossed. I walked up to him and put it down by his feet whining apologetically. “you worried me raven i thought you were stalking someone.” Henry (who had been dozing on the lawn) laughed “i thought he was making a break for freedom ,wouldn’t surprise me ; the way you carry on doing the same thing for hours, it’s not interesting for us you know ,not even for a mutt” the others nodded in agreement. “okay i get it but raven doesn’t normally stalk prey so i didn’t know what he was doing” oh yeah! i guess spending most of your life with a dog brain really does take its toll.

After i had eaten the squirrel which Bentley had so rudely rejected, we headed back to the castle. I trotted right at his heel making sure he didn’t think i was running off again. I know over the top reaction but i didn’t like being the centre of attention.  He stood on my foot and i yelped. “Whoa stop being so close raven!”. They all laughed at me and i fell back. So much for that plan.  

When we got back to the place they immediately headed in the direction of  the reading room. I whined in delight and trotted in front of them. “whoa not so fast raven, were going to the armoury first” i moaned a growl then fell back till i was beside them again.

They looked at each other confused that i understood them. i looked up at Bentley and panted loudly. “oh you want a treat” he pulled out a petite dried bone and threw it at my face. It bounced off and i continued to look at him , disappointed. “wow you  have dried bones in your pocket?!” William asked in dismay. When he turned to look at William i decided it was good enough. Close escape i say. I took the bone and carried on  walking. “ummmm yeah they're for raven”

Jake scoffed. “you act like he’s your child or something.” Henry and William laughed. “we’re best friend okay i’ve known him since i was three!” their eyes widened  and William looked at me “i didn’t know he was so old”

i growled at him. “you don’t want to offend him and he is technically the same age as me, he ages the same because he is a dire wolf” William  and Jake stepped away from me fearfully. “Aren’t they supposed to be savage?!” Henry and Bentley laughed at the comment and i moaned disapprovingly. I can be savage if i wanted to. “if they are raven is defiantly the exception i s'pose it is because i’ve had him since he was a pup. He hasn’t had time to learn his natural instincts”