12. Resilience

i laid there , bleeding out on the floor , while the man tried to stop the bleeding from his neck. Jake crawled over to me and tried to stop the bleeding from my chest.

I just stared ahead of me , giving no reaction to his worried shouts. I watched as Benltey's eyes blinked open and he looked around in a daze.

His eyes widened as he looked at me and he slowly limped over. "Raven!" he shouted as he landed next to Jake.

Jake eyed the sorcerer as he fumbled about on the floor. Bentley stroked my head as he started to cry. man up! i rolled my eyes at him and he gave a sniffle laugh. "i know i know , man up" he said while sniffling more.

"He's not going to die!" Jake stated determinedly. I whimpered as he pressed down on my wound. "Careful!" Bentley growled at Jake and then looked at me sadly. He leaned down and kissed my forehead and i whined at him. I didn't feel too bad.......well , i did feel lightheaded and sickly ..and tired.

My ears pricked as i heard footsteps and clanging noises from down the hall. "Come on , we need to go!" Jake said as he tried to pick me up but i yelped and growled a bit. "Come on Raven!" he begged but i just laid still. Bentley pinched his brow then hugged me.

i rolled my eyes as they both started crying and watched the sorcerer. He got up and glared at their backs . I started growling as i noticed his wound healing itself and he raised his hands.

I found one last effort to jump up and attack him as he was just about to attack Bentley and leaped for his neck. "Raven!" they called out in shock while the man screamed in surprise.

I buried my teeth into his neck one last time , and it had so much force i heard his bones break. I jumped of his shoulder and landed a few metres away from where he then fell.

i looked ahead of me to see a whole crowd of guards running for us before falling onto the ground. "Raven!" i heard Jake shout and a sword being picked up. "Jake , come on...we need to get out of here" i heard Bentley say , i understood why he said that, he thought i was literally dead but it still hurt , after all , to him I'm only a dog.

"No! we can't leave him!" Jake shouted then glared at the guards running up to us. "We can't save him" Bentley shouted and i lifted my head up. Who said i needed saving.

I whimpered as i tried to get my footing right but fell down again . Bentley gave me a pained look then looked away while closing his eyes. I yelped in shock when Jake picked me up and started walking down the other corridor. he'll never make it by walking.

"Stop it , you are just making it harder!" Bentley complained angrily as he swung the sword around in front of the incoming guards. "No i'm not , you take him and i'll hold them off , there's an exit down this corridor , i would of gone down it , but i decided to get Raven first" Jake explained as he handed me over, Bentley took me but shook his head. "you'll get killed" he stated. "No i wont! trust me!" he said before pushing Bentley forwards. "Go!"Bentley started walking down the corridor and i whimpered as i looked over his shoulder. Jake had shifted into a wolf and was taking them all on.

I whined then buried my head into Bentley's shoulder. "Don't worry Raven ...we'll get you through this" Bentley reassured me then kissed my head.

-

We finally got to the exit , which was a window. "Great! Raven can you get through there yourself?" he asked and i tried to paw at it. He opened it and held me up to it and i got some grip on the sill. I ignored the searing pain in my chest as i pulled myself up and out of it.

Bentley followed by squeezing through and I rolled my eyes at him. He needed to lose some weight. "no i don't Raven! its muscles" Bentley shouted sensing i thought that from my expression. I tried to get up my self but yelped and laid back down. "stay sill Raven , you might hurt yourself more"he instructed as he picked me up again and headed down the hill and into the town.