chapter 9

Whatwas i on T_T 

i laughed to myself as i heard commotion behind me. I was completely ditching the black wolf and he was definitely causing a distraction behind me. I sniffed the air and the cobble-stoned floor to try and find Bentley's scent. His was not there but the man that killed Henry's' was. I growled in anguish then decided to follow the scent. It took me further into the kingdom city and closer to the vast castle in the center of it.

I looked up at it and frowned , with guards on every opening or balcony it was going to be hard  to get into. I took one look back and confidently felt that no towns folk or guards  were going to get in my way from back there. 

I lowered my head as i padded up the main path and straight for the castle entrance. The two guards at the large doors were looking rather bored and ignored me as i trotted innocently up to them. "I hate strays" one of them muttered and i huffed at him. "Shall we kill it? It'll help with the population" the other said as he drew out his sword. I growled and trotted off to the right of them. They put their swords back and forgot about me as i settled just out of sight under a hay cart.

I watched a few people go in and out of the big doors , they all looked regal and well looked after. There's no way they'd let a stray dog in there. Not that  i think they'd think me as a stray dog anyway , i growled then looked up at the windows above me. 

I've had plenty of practice getting in and out of palace windows but that was all with Bentely's help. I sighed sadly and then smirked as a brilliant plan came to mind.

i growled as i ran up to the guards and they tensed as they looked at me. "Has it gone rabid? We need to get rid of it now" one of them said as i stepped closer to him. I smirked before nipping at his heels and sprinting towards the window. He pulled his sword out and ran after me.

"Get back here!" i rolled my eyes at his useless attempt to get me to stop. Did he really think that was going to work? 

I stopped as i reached just past the window and turned around. As i predicted he was right behind me already. I smiled as i jumped onto his shoulder and up the stone walls. I yelped as the windows glass smashed and cut my face but landed inside the castle. 

I yipped in victory as i looked around the guest chamber i had landed in. The door was already ajar and i happily trotted out of it and into the cold stone halls.

Not much guards were here this time of day and i managed to catch the mans scent again in no time. He'd headed into a room then when he came back out there was no longer blood on the floor. I guessed that was the hospital and carried on following his scent.

I was surprised to find he was going further and downward into the castle as i followed his scent. I suddenly skidded to a halt when a familiar scent hit my nose. It was Bentley's , it had appeared out of nowhere. It was there along with the man that had taken him. I growled at the scent of magic that came along with it and followed the three of them's scent plus two others that i guessed to be guards.

The scents led down some steps and i could only guess they were going to the dungeons. What has he gotten himself into now!

 I sniffed and caught the scent of guards just to my right. I stopped and stepped back behind the corner then peeked past it. There were two guards standing by the entrance to the jail. Life as a guard must be so boring.

I huffed as i surveyed them , There didn't seem to be an easy way to get past. I stepped cautiously towards them but a cry of pain from behind them sent me leaping forwards. They both jumped into action and pulled their swords out just as i reached them. 

I growled and dodged their attacks then ran past them. They turned around and followed me and i jumped backwards off a wall and knocked them over. The impact and someone landing on him knocked the guard underneath out but the one on top got up and swung his sword at me again.

I dodged it and bit down on his blade , it fell out of his hands and slid across the stone floor away from him. I snarled at him which made him take a step back. I used this to my advantage and jumped up , knocking him over. I whimpered from the loud clanging noise as his armour hit the ground and knocked him out. I really do hate killing guards , they didn't really do anything wrong.

The hallway seemed eary as i made my way down it. I was following Bentley's scent and the sound i heard came from the same direction. I whimpered nervously and trotted faster . I hope he isn't hurt too bad. 

I yelped in shock as a blade just missed my muzzle and ducked away from another. Five guards were surrounding me and i furrowed my nonexistent eyebrows. How did i not notice them? ugh worrying weakens me. 

i dodged another swing my way and snarled at the men. The front one lunged towards me and i wasted not time in sinking my teeth into his neck. He cried out and fell to the floor but i knew i did not do any fatal damage. 

The others grunted in anger and swung at me again. I dodged most but one scrapped my leg. I yelped in pain and tried to get away. A man  appearing out of thin air in front of me stopped me. i skidded to a halt and stood in shock as the man smirked. 

He wore  black eye patch over one eye and his scent was all to familiar. "Well lookie here , its one of the princes guard dogs"  i growled at him and went for him but a guard slashed my shoulder with his sword. I whimpered in pain and fell to the floor. The man smirked and walked up to me as i winced in pain and knelt down beside me. "Now i can have some revenge , go put this mutt in a cage" he ordered before getting  up and walking down a hallway. I whimpered as i smelt Bentley's scent from down it as i was carried in the opposite direction.