Chapter 7 - New Bonds

Aura's P.O.V.

I sat down, worrying eating away at my body. "Great. Everyone's in danger, and I'm not able to help them." Smokescreen shrugged. "I want to help them as well, Aura, but I have my orders. And... I don't want to leave you." I laughed. "Smoke'!" I chided, though I couldn't help the small, slightly embarrassed smile that crept onto my face.

He smiled at me as he got some energon and handed a cube to me. I took it as he took a seat beside me. "I mean it Aura, really. I know how you felt when Optimus left. He was a great teacher to me, and a good friend. So I promised him and myself that I would watch over you. Help you when you need it." said Smokescreen.

I had a bit of energon as he spoke, trying to conceal just how his words truly made me feel - warm on the inside. "Oh, Smoke," I said quietly, with a smile. "Yeah, it is hard with Optimus gone, but I'm hanging in there. I've got you now." Smokescreen smiled. "I don't intend to break that promise ever, Aura. If you need anything, just come to me and I'll help you however you can."

"I will." I replied. Now that I thought about it. Smokescreen may not be ready to be a Prime. Wrong place wrong time after all with the incident back on Earth. But this made me think, perhaps King material?

I thought about it quickly. Smoke' and I were good friends, so we wouldn't argue and would get things done quickly. And also, he could lead. He'd proved that by being second-in-command of the Cybertronian police force.

"Something wrong?" asked Smokescreen. I refocused and looked up at him shaking my head. "Oh, no I'm fine. Just thinking that's all." I replied. "well, I'm getting seconds. Want any?" he asked. I shook my head no.

He left the room. I sighed and leaned back, closing my optics. I was glad we were in the safe house; I knew I'd be able to rest easier here than the palace, where I knew Ransack could appear at any given moment.

I let out a sigh as I thought of everything that happened, in less than 2 days! Unbelievable. We hardly had a break these past few days. Maybe now we were secluded from everyone else I could have a small break. Smokescreen walked back in with his second energon cube and sat back down. "Smoke?" "Yeah?" "Do you think the others are ok? So much as happened for the past 2 days, and I can't stop thinking about father. Esspecially since he's going up against the dinobots."

"He'll be fine, Aura," he told me. "Your father's more than capable of holding up. I've in him in action."

"I guess that, well, thinking about everything that's happening, I'm wondering what will happen next," I said with a sigh.

"I know its been eventful, but I'm sure things will calm down." said Smokescreen.

"Yeah, it can't remain this hectic forever," I reasoned.

After a few minutes of waiting I get tired and decided to go into recharge. "I'm gonna get some shut eye. Wake me up when Magnus gets back." I said. "Sure thing." replied Smokescreen. I gave Smoke' a quick hug before heading into my room. I slouched on to my bed and slowly fell asleep.

Meanwhile Smokescreen fell asleep while at the computer. The door slowly opened and someone slipped inside. The figure looked around the room and spotted Smokescreen recharging by the computer. The figure laughed inwardly. You thought you could hide from me, he thought. He shook is helm and crept through the house, peering into every room. Finally, he found the one he was looking for, with a certain femme asleep on her bed. Too easy, he thought, and slipped inside.

He carefully closed the door, making sure not to wake Smokescreen. He crept up the the sleeping form of the Princess, a maniac grin on his face. It took time to make it all the way across, but it had to be careful. If she woke up and spotted him, it would ruin the whole plan.