Chapter 11 - Memories

Aura's P.O.V.

As I slept, I imagined myself back at the Well of Allsparks. Everyone was there. Me, Smokescreen, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Wheeljack, Ratchet, Ultra Magnus, even Knockout. That was the day when we discovered we had to say goodbye. To Optimus Prime. We all stood together in a our own little group while Optimus stood on a platform, facing us.

"In order to protect the Allspark, and ensure Unicrons defeat, it was necessary to empty the vessels contents." explained Optimus. "Empty it to where?" asked Bumblebee. "The matrix of Leadership." answered Optimus as he looked down at his chest. "As such, my own spark cannot be separated from the multitude of others within me." "Are you tell us..." Ratchet choked. "You're one with the Allspark?" I asked in sadness. "But that's what someone says when you kick the..." said Smokescreen. He let out a small laugh at first, but changed his expression when he realized what was happening.

"No..." I whispered. "To not return the Allspark to the well, would mean to prevent future generations of new life from existing on Cybertron." said Optimus. "My quest must be completed." "Optimus I didn't return to safe a life, only to lose the one I care about most!" stated Ratchet. "Ratchets restored planets!" said Bulkhead as he placed a hand on the medics shoulder. "He'll find a way to save you!" "We can turn to Vector Sigma! Just like we did before!" suggested Arcee. "Please Optimus, let us help you." I pleaded.

"Because the matrix must now be joined with the Allspark, it cannot be restored. Or passed down to another. But while this very much may end the age of Primes, leadership can be earned with of without the matrix. And in my view, you have each acted as a Prime." stated Optimus. "Well I never really had the best roll models." reminded Knockout. "As even Megatron did on this day, every sentient being has the potential for change." said Optimus. He turned his back to us and activated his jetpack wings. He looked back and faced us, a small smile on his face. "I ask only this of you fellow Autobots. Keep fighting the Nobelist of fights." "You can count on us to keep the peace." assured Bumblebee.

Optimus looked down at me with the same smile and extended his hand towards me. I took a step forward, taking his hand as he pulled me up on to the platform. Small tears were forming in my optics as I spoke. "So, this is it." I said. "Indeed it is." replied Optimus. He gently held my face in the palm of his hand as he wipped the tears off my faceplate as they raced down my cheek. "Optimus..... Since we revived Cybertron, I was so looking forward to our new lives. All of ours. I even hoped one day that, you'd rule along side me." I said. Optimus nodded in reply, listening to everything I had to say. "I know this was an unexpected adaption. But I know your strong enough to lead. Even without me." he replied.

"You... really mean that?" I asked. "I do." answered Optimus. "You'll know what to do." With that, he pulled me closer and into a kiss. It was a bittersweet moment. Why? This wan't any other kiss. This was our first and our last kiss. It was nice, passionate. I didn't want him to leave. I wanted him to stay. But I knew had to go. You know, do the right thing for our planet. We parted and I took a step back off the platform and regrouped with the others.

Optimus activated his jetpack and soared up into the air, then took a nose dive down right into the well.

Right after that moment, I woke up. I looked around the room I was in, completely pitched black. I cheeked the time on the digital clock. 4:00 in the morning. I let out a vent as I pulled myself up and off the bed. I spotted a window so I decided to get my surroundings. Only thing is I couldn't see much because there were lasers blocking most of my view. Ransack really doesn't want me to escape. I have a feeling that goes for Eve too.

Although I did manage to get a partial view of a town just outside the building. It didn't look familiar to me at all. I've seen pretty much every city on Cybertron at least once and I've had to memorize it as well. Where the heck am I?