Chapter 6

I was running frantically again. I pushed branches out of my way as my feet broke twigs scattered on the floor. Suddenly, I got to a clearing. The floor was neatly covered with twigs and branches in an orderly fashion making the place look more inviting. I looked around cautiously. What had I been running away form in the beginning? I sat down on the branches. I noticed the clearing was in a circular form. I could hear a whooshing of a far by river.

Suddenly I was aware that I was dreaming. My conscious must have woken up, but I was still in the dream. Well at least now I can focus and remember certain things about this place to tell Jacob. I looked around. Well the forest was mostly quiet and the trees were tall almost making a wall around the clearing.

I looked down at myself to see myself in my human form.

A silent rustle was heard and I quickly scampered up and got ready in defense mode. I looked around and all of the sudden something sprung out from behind the bushes. Crap, I thought. I wanted to wake up, but I couldn’t.

I started to take small steps back but I stepped on one of the many branches on the floor and it snapped. Instantly the creatures head looked up and I saw those beady yellow sickening eyes glare straight at me. I could have peed in my pants that very moment. Oh I wanted to wake up so badly.

It growled and I shot off out of the clearing. I noticed I was suddenly running on all fours. I had transformed. Wake up, wake up! I kept telling myself over and over again. I felt tears roll down to my whiskers. No, wake up, this is just a dream. WAKE UP! I growled!

I shot out of my bed sweating. I got dizzy and put a hand to my head and groaned. I laid back down slowly still rubbing my head. These headaches were killing me. It was like something was inside of my head, like my own personal demon, and it was slowly driving needles in and out a hundred at one time. I groaned again.

Then I heard a knock on my window. I shot out of bed again. I really need to stop doing that. I swayed and slowly sat back on my bed. I looked at my window. I heard another knock. It sounded more like someone was throwing rocks at the window.

I got up slowly to check who or what it was. I abruptly got scared. What if . . . well, what if . . .

I didn’t want to think about it. I peered out my window and jumped back when I saw who it was.

That stupid Gabi scared the crap out of me!! I opened the window and he climbed in. It wasn’t hard since we were both on the first floor.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I said through my teeth.

“Good morning to you, too!” he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

“What do you want it’s—” I looked at my clock and screeched, “IT’S FUCKING FIVE IN THE MORNING!”

He put a hand over my mouth, “Shush! You’ll wake up Jacob smart ass!” I glared at him.

He took his hand off. I went and sat on my bed and sighed.

“What do you want so early in the morning that you couldn’t wait until when normal humans wake up?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry, I couldn’t sleep so I decided to check up on you. Did you get busted yesterday?” he asked taking a seat next to me.

“Yeah, I did,” I admitted.

He winced, “Ah, sorry.”

I shook my head, “It wasn’t your fault.”

“So what’s the punishment?” he asked looking a bit worried.

“No going out without his approval. Basically I’m on house arrest,” I explained. It might sound a bit harsh to his ears but I know that Jacob always has his reasons and I wasn’t ready to defy him, and never will be.