Chapter 1

"Hi, Mrs. Thomson." Tracy greets the woman who opened the doors of Thomson Residence.

"Hello, Tracy. Katie’s in the living room. I’ll be on my way after getting my bag from the living room and saying goodbye to her. Come in, come in.” Vivian invites her in.

Tracy felt a wave of happiness splash unto her, thinking that she’ll be seeing Katie again. She started babysitting the cute little 7-year old when she was in junior year, which was last year.

Katie had an older brother named Eric, who was popular in Tracy’s batch. He could look out for Katie sometimes, but he never did. He was always partying and going somewhere.

Tracy never liked populars. She knew that if you were popular, drama would always follow you everywhere. Therefore, Tracy and Eric never had a proper conversation.

Tracy was still known though, because of her twin brother, Travis. He was quite attractive to the eyes of many people in the high school department. He’s also a varsity player in basketball, adding up to his ‘popularity points.’

“Tracy!” Katie’s sweet and high voice echoes through the room when she saw Tracy. She got up to her little feet and ran to Tracy, then trapped her in a tight hug.

“Hey, Katie.” Tracy couldn’t help smiling because of the cute 7-year old hugging her.

Katie removed her arms around Tracy and asked her excitedly, “Do you want to see my new dolls?”

“Sure.”

Katie got hold of Tracy’s hand and leads her to her usual playing spot in their living room.

It’s still the same. Tracy thought, smiling. The tiled floors that were covered in some parts by a soft carpet, the vintage-looking curtains partially blocking the light of the sun, the flat-screen television placed on the wooden bookshelves-slash-TV-holder which was filled with books and DVDs, the simple couch and the comfy aura. The Thomson’s house was simple, but it was spacious enough and it felt cozy.

Mrs. Thomson enters the room and says goodbye to the girls. “I’ll leave now.  Bye, honey.” She kisses Katie’s forehead. “Bye, Tracy.” She waves at Tracy. The girls both wave goodbye to her as she exits the house.

“Tracy, look! This is Lila.” Katie tugged at Tracy’s shirt and held out a doll with long blonde hair and purple dress in front of her.

“She’s pretty.” Tracy smiled at her.

“U-huh. And this one’s Chloe.” Katie held out another doll.

Katie showed her 2 more dolls with the cute pride of a 7-year old then she asked Tracy to play with her. At first Tracy acted stubborn and said no but Katie pulled off her puppy dog eyes that no one could resist and made Tracy say yes.

After playing with her, Tracy made Katie a snack.

“You like?” Tracy asks Katie while watching her bite off a huge piece from the brownie she made.

“Mhm.” Katie hums and nods.

Minutes after her snack, Katie let out a yawn.

“Looks like its nap time.” Tracy told her.

But like every kid would do, Katie denied the command. “But I don’t want to sleep yet.” But her eyes were obviously getting heavy already.