Scary Stories

Story #1 | Friends And Guns

I was driving onto Homestead Drive, about to enter my high school. I parked the car and started walking inside. A teacher stopped me and said "Go to the big gym, we have an assembly."

Sighing I walked back out into the cold and entered the big gym (Aka. the boys gym). I sat down by my friends and tried to zone out the principle. A couple of minutes later the big gyms door opened and in came 3 guys in black suits.

The shortest one started talking first. "Hello everyone." The small guy said with a smile.

"What do you want?" Mr.Williams, our principal asked over the microphone.

"We want all of you... Dead." The small guy said with a laugh.

Mr.Williams tried putting on a brave face and then said something smart like "I won't let you." I mean what could he do against 3 guys with guns and knifes? The answer is, he couldn't do squat.

Turns out I was right because then they all three shot him in the head. That's when the screaming started. I turned towards my friends Izzy And Asia and told them to "go hide under the bleachers."

"We're not leaving you!!" Izzy protested.

"Yah." Asia said.

"Look, I can't loose you both! If my plan works out you will be safe and I will too, you have to trust me!" I whisper. They both nodded and quietly slipped under the bleachers.

No one besides me noticed.

The 3 guys started walking towards the freshman's. I saw this as my chance to go get help, but I couldn't risk trying to run inside the school because the doors are too loud. I would get caught.

I ran into the coaches office, trying to find something I could use as a weapon, and something I could get help with, like a phone. After 5 minutes of searching I found only the schools panic emergency button, the fire alarm, a letter opener (the ones that look like knifes) and a dead cellphone.

I went to the schools panic emergency button and pressed it. It went from its usual red to blinking white.Satisfied, I went to the coaches desk and grabbed the letter opener. I ran out of the coaches office to find the most gruesome sight I've ever seen.

30 kids were on the gym floor dead, Kids and teachers were running out of the doors, gunshots were constantly firing, and all of the seniors were huddled in a corner with one of the man approaching them.

Then I heard a scream.

But not just any scream...

It was my best friend Izzy's scream.

I pushed my way through the crowds of people, trying to get to her. Finally I reached her and the guy was stabbing her. "Stop!!!" I yell at him. He looks up at me and starts laughing.

"What could you do? You'll just end up getting yourself killed."

"What did you do to my other friend Asia?" I yell at him. Suddenly one of the guys drag a mangled body, tied up towards me. He kicks it and it gets up. And the first thing I notice is the persons attire.

It's Asia.

She's trying to tell me something but she's gagged and tied up. I ran towards her but the guy that dragged her comes towards me. I give him a kick where no one should be kicked. Then I punch him in the head. I grab his gun and shoot him.

I turn back towards the guy who was stabbing Alyssa, he looks impressed. I raise up the gun and say "Leave her alone, or you die."

"Ok i'll leave her alone." then he shoots her. Her eyes roll back into her head and then her head hits the gym floor with a thud. I wince.

Asia is like thrashing now, trying to get out so she can help her. "I hope you die, jerk." then I cocked the gun and pulled the trigger.

The last guy, the short one- runs towards me, leaving behind the scared seniors still huddled in the corner. I shoot him before he's even half way towards me and the rest of the students cheer.

I hear sirens, but I don't care, I need to untie Asia. While I get her out of her bonds, the short guy uses his last strength and shoots my arm. Asia helps me walk over to Izzy and I lay down on the cold soothing floor.

"Just keep breathing, just keep breathing." I tell myself.

I hear Asia crying and then a light shines in my face, but I couldn't do anything, I already blacked out.

~+~+~+

When I wake up Im in the hospital, Asia's in the bed next to me and I don't see Izzy anywhere. A nurse comes in to check on me and I start yelling at her. "What happened? Where's Izzy!!" I yell at her. She runs out of the room, and then my mom runs In the room. "Where is she? Is those guys dead? Is Asia ok?"

"Well honey Izzys... gone. Im so sorry. The police confirmed that those men are dead. Asia Is hurt bad but from what she and the rest of the school told the law and the hospital is that if it wasn't for you, they all would be dead. I'm so proud of you." She says with tears in her eyes.

My mom leaves.

~+~+~+

I guess I fell asleep because now it's dark in the room. The light then flickers on and off , 3 times. I got really scared.

I felt a cool chill and then Asia's monitor went Beeeep!.

I try to scream for help but a hand goes over my mouth. I feel something get jammed
Into my left hand and then the lights come back on.

Nurses enter the room. And I'm crying. My mom rushed to my side and asked me if I was ok.

I didn't answer.

Instead I opened up the thing that got jammed into my left hand.

It was a peice of paper.

It said:

"Aren't You Glad This Is Just A Nightmare?"