Scary Stories

Story #17 | Short Horror.

The man turned around the corner to find no one there. Hastily, he pulled his collar up more, put his hands in his pocket, and walked quickly away.

He was afraid. Deadly afraid.

He owed people money, Some very serious people too. He was surprised that they hadn't put snipers on him yet. He ducked through a street corner and looking behind him, he ran towards his street - hoping to find comfort in his own home.

He heard the slow menacing footsteps behind him as he ran quickly away. That scared him a little, as if they knew where he was going and that they knew they would catch him, so they didn't even have to run.

"Oh my god. I'm so screwed" he thought. he finally reached his house and closed the doors, breathing heavily.

He walked away in search of his wife, who was supposed to be waiting for him.

"Lucy?" He yelled. Just then the door opened. He tensed and grabbed the vase next to him and gripped it above his head, about to throw it over the door.

"Yes?" Lucy sighed as she walked through the door and shut it.

"Alen what the hell are you doing with a vase?"
He hid it behind his back and looked away, his face looking as if he was whistling but no sound was coming out.

"What vase?" he asked innocently. Lucy rolled her eyes and searched for something in her purse. Grinning as she found it, she pointed it at Alen, her husband.

It was a small pistol. A gun.

"Lucy?! what the hell......."

"You made big daddy mad." She scolded in a child's voice. Alen's eyes grew wide and he struggled for words.

"You... you work for him....... you follow-ed me .. here...." He choked out, scared.

"No duh." She said rolling her eyes again.

"But why?" Alen asked, scared and heartbroken.

"First it was to keep an eye on him. He is my dad after all. Then he forced me to marry you, and I had to wait for you to get us broke. Now he is forcing me to kill you." She explained.

"Don't you feel any bad doing this." He asked as he stepped back a few steps, very slowly.

"Of course I do! Do you think I want to kill my husband. Let alone my child's father." She choked at the last part. His eyes widened more, and his mouth dropped down in shock.

"What?!"

"I found out yesterday,,,, today was the day I was going to tell you, but walking home I got a phone call."

"Crap."

She tried to pull the trigger, but couldn't.

"I - I can't." She stated brokenly. At that second, a shot erupted from their window and hit Lucy In the heart. She dropped her gun and stumbled, almost falling back.

Alen ran towards her, and caught her before she fell. He held her in his arms, he kneeled on the floor.

As the light drained from her eyes, and she cried her last silent tear, she whispered a broken "I'm sorry."

Alen yelled in anger and started sobbing. He was too upset with this. He grabbed Lucy's gun and put it to his temple.

"See you soon Lucy." He whispered.

Bang.

Minutes later, as they both laid dead, bloodied on the floor - her father, big daddy, walked in.

He looked at the mess and shook his head. He walked close to their bodies and scrunched his noise up in disgust.

This was not his daughter. Not anymore. She was a disgrace.

He kicked her face and her head rolled. He was so mad at her and now he had to lie to her mother .... great.

He walked out of the house with one thought on his mind:

It's Not Time For Games Anymore.