03. Takeout & Gossip

The first week back had come to an end, though the first day back was on Wednesday, for Danica it felt as it has been forever till the weekend would arrive. The final bell rang signalling the end of the day, Danica fidgeted to get out but Mr. Michelson was still talking.

            "Okay now you can go," Danica rushed out the room eager to get home, back to the pack house, Mr. Michelson watched her run out the room.

            "Nic, why are you in such a rush?" Avery called out.

            "As much as I'd love to stay, I just want to get the fuck out of here."

            "I know the feeling, let's go back to mine take out and we can catch up properly, how about it?"

            "Sure, first I need to go back to the pack house and get some stuff. What times it?"

            "3:35"

            "Great, the bus left five minutes ago. Thank you Mr. Michelson!"

            "We can walk home," Avery suggested.

            Danica looked at her like she was crazy. "I'm too knackered from practice and training. Let's see if Chris is still around." The girls went to the staff room where all the teachers usually met up before going out to get a drink. Danica knocked on the door before entering it. She scanned the room locating Christopher at the back being chatted up by the art teacher, Miss Lewis. "Chris," Danica called out getting his attention, he smiled at her once he saw her.

            He gave Miss. Lewis a polite smile and walked away coming towards Danica. "How many times, it's Mr. Anderson in school."

            "Yeah, yeah sorry Mr. Anderson. Old habits die hard, right Mr. Anderson?""

            "Only you Nic, would be able to get away with murder," he chuckled

            "So you say, anyways that's not the reason we're here, I was wondering if you could give us a ride to the pack house then to Aves' house? Having a sleep over."

            "Sure, let me just say bye and I'll be right with you."

            "Thanks bro," she hugged him.

            Christopher told Miss Lewis that he wouldn't be able to make it for the drink.

            "Why not?" Mr. Mickelson asked.

            "I'm giving the girls a ride home."

            "Girls?"

            "Danica and Avery. They missed the bus." He called out his byes and left toward the car park where the girls were waiting for him.

            "Took your time," Avery called out.

            Chris unlocked the car and came really close to her his nose only inches away from her, his breath fanned her face as he whispered, "Only for you, sweet cheeks," causing her to blush.

            "Get a room!" Danica yelled ruining their moment, making Avery blush even more. Danica took the back seat to the two door car leaving the passenger side seat only available next to Christopher. Danica caught Avery's eye and winked at her.

            The ride to the pack was semi uncomfortable thanks to the radio playing song. Taylor swift  You Belong With Me began to play, intensifying the atmosphere only to have Danica Sing along to it.