05. Only Human

"Shit!" Danica muttered as she realized her locker was empty. "Great!" She said slamming her locker.

            "What's wrong?" Avery asked, who was already dressed in kit, a white t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

            "I don't have my kit."

            "Don't worry you can wear my spare set." Avery handed her the clothing.

            "Thanks," Danica said taking the spare set. She took them out of the bag holding up a sports bra and short shorts. "Seriously, Avery? These are your spare set?"

            "Uh huh." she nodded.

            "You kept these as your spare to teach me a lesson."

            "Not really, but it still works, I kept them as spare just to make sure I get my kit."

            "Ass," she mumble putting of the shorts displaying her long tanned legs. The sports bra displayed her flat stomach. "Must admit I look good." She grinned.

            "Vain much?"                                                  

            "Not really, just the honest truth."

            "Come on, let's go you can admire yourself later."

            "Wait, I need to retie my hair." Danica turned around looking in the large mirror as she tied her hair in a messy bun.     

            "Oh my gosh, Dan? When did you get a tattoo?" Avery squealed.

            "What? A tattoo? What tattoo?"

            "Do your parents know? Does Chris know? Does James know, I bet he does!"

            "Ave! Where? What tattoo are you on about?"

            "That humongous one on the right side of your back almost reaching your spine!"

            "What's going on?" Mason burst into the room with a panic look. "Oh shit," he muttered when he saw Danica in her sports bra and short shorts with Avery standing next to her. "I heard shouting..." His eyes began to cloud over, darkening with desire and lust. "Um..." he swallowed, "I'll be waiting outside."

            The look in his eyes made Danica feel never felt feelings, so strong that it made it hard to talk.

            "We'll be out in five," Avery told him, with a nod he left. Avery gave her that knowing grin.

            "Take a picture with your phone and show me what you're on about!" Danica demanded.

            "Sure, turn around." Danica did as she told, as Avery took the picture. "Look." She handed her the phone.

             "Oh that, it's my birthmark, before it was on my shoulder and it streched out as I grew up." Danica explained.

            "Dude! Birthmarks don't expand nor do they glow!"

            "I don't know man! Do you have a top so I could cover it?"

            "Wait, might have something," She went over to her locker and rummaged through it eventually bringing out a crop top.

            "Thanks," Danica said taking a look at the crop top it had the phrase 'Love, Laugh, Live' on it. "Hey, that's mine!"

            "Oops?" Avery gave her a sheepish grin.