•Chapter 27•

I let out a hiss, landing awkwardly and twisting my ankle.
"Shit." I muttered, rolling my foot. Jace chuckled weekly at me, reminding me that he was still basically dying.
"Did Meliorn lie to us?" I asked, looking at the worn down industrial building we were in.
"He said that the portal would take us to my father." Clary said in disbelief, not sure if we had been misguided. Clary walked farther and I stumbled after her with Jace.
A loud clang rang out and all three of us gasped, none of us knowing what was going on. I left Jace to lean against a table and walked closer to a metal cabinet that seemed to be the source of the noise. I drew my blade, looking back at Clary and Jace and giving them a reassuring smile. I broke the lock, throwing open the door and immediately shoving my blade against the throat of whoever was in there. I look at the man coldly, mildly recognizing the man. His eyes widened in fear, seeming to realize that I wouldn't hesitate to end his life.
"Dad?" I heard Jace utter, completely in disbelief.
"Oh my god." I whispered, stumbling back slightly. Jace pulled me towards him, both of us helping each other stand. I felt the blood leave my face as I stated at a ghost from our past. Michael Wayland was dead, but how could he be standing in front of us?
"Son, you're hurt." Michael said, looking at the wound on Jace. "How did you find me?" He asked, his gaze flickering to me nervously.
"Your dead. Valentine killed you." I said, standing in front of both Jace and Clary.
"Valentine's- Valentine's here." Jace said, all of us confused.
"No, Jace. It's me," Jace's father said, turning to Clary who looked confused, "I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace's father." He told her, convincing her immediately.
"Jace's father died, I watched as the circle killed him." I said, not believing the man in front of us.
"Look, I know what Jace told you and what you saw, but I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me." He said, not giving an exact answer to how he wasn't dead.
"And Jocelyn Fairchild?" Clary asked, slight anger and concern in her voice.
"He took her with him. You are?" Jace's supposed father said.
"I'm Clary, her daughter. Meliorn, the seelie, told me that he was here with her." As she finished talking Jace fell, taking me down with him. I slammed my head against the table we were previously leaning on, my vision blurring.
"Jace, no!" Michael exclaimed, just before I passed out.

I groaned, my eyes fluttering open. Looking through squinted eyes I saw that I was in the back room of Jade Wolf, laying on a couch with Jace. His eyes were open, gazing at me lazily. I laughed slightly, recalling the fact that I had hit my head.
"You little bitch." I muttered, resting my head on his chest.
"I'm not the bitch here." He said, looking over at a man who I had just now noticed. I laughed at his jeer, sitting up and taking in the man.
"And who might you be?" I ask, slightly annoyed. I liked werewolves, after I get to know them. The mans gaze flickered to mine, and I must say if I wasn't still completely broken by what was going on with Alec, I would have got my flirt on.
"My names Andy, I'm part of Luke's pack." He said, his voice hypnotizing me.
"Well, Andy I'm Claire." I smirked, getting up and walking out of the room. Holy shit, Andy is hot. But Alec was still the only person I wanted, and I was still devastated.
Clary rushed past me, most likely going to see Jace. I chuckled slightly, taking a seat next to Luke. I felt Michaels eyes on me and I glared, still not believing him. He looked away, and all three of us stayed quiet until both men went to go talk to Clary and Jace. I leant my head against the wall, my eyes fluttering shut. I stayed that way until I felt another presence in the room.
"Are you just going to stand there like some creep or are you going to talk?" I asked, my eyes still shut. I heard a deep chuckle, my eyes opening to meet the eyes of Andy's. I grinned, sitting up fully. "So you aren't?" He shook his head, smiling.
"I seem creepy don't I?" He laughed, looking down for a second.
"Nah, you're good," I said, looking him up and down, "more than good." I mutter quietly. He laughed, smirking at me.
"What was that?" He asked teasingly. I internally died, remembering that he had wolf hearing.
"I'm sure you heard perfectly." I said, keeping a cool front and smirking. He smirked back, and I couldn't help but laugh.
"So, you know my name. I don't think that's fair." He said, making me laugh yet again. God he was stupid.
"Oh really now? Because I'm pretty sure I told you my name about an hour ago." I said, not feeding into his flirting. He blushed, looking down quickly to hide it before continuing on with his "bad boy" facade, if that's what you would call it.