A Lover's Antics.

Phoenix awoke with a start, breathing heavily and drenched in sweat; he had to squint in order to maintain his vision, since there was too much daylight streaming through the large-panelled windows of Edgeworth's office. He sat up ramrod straight and stretched his palms out in front of him.

What a bitter remembrance.

"Phoenix?" Phoenix widened his eyes as he heard a familiar voice speak into his hair. It hit him why the sofa felt so warm and, even more, comfortable all of a sudden. He was in none other than Prosecutor Edgeworth's lap. His head had no doubt been buried in the man's cravat/chest area all this time - and Edgeworth had stayed put to watch over him. Phoenix smiled at the thought. Seeing his past again once he'd been unconscious had made him realise what was important to him, once and for all. He couldn't deny his true feelings and emotions in that state and he couldn't hide away from himself.
"Phoenix, are you ok..?" Nevertheless, Phoenix still felt heat rising in his cheeks.

'Looks like we're still going to have to work on your levels of embarrassment and shyness...'

"Never felt better...." Phoenix mumbled, shifting slightly so that he'd weigh less on Edgeworth's lap.
"Oh, phew.. You scared me to death just now! The way you were panting and sweating... And those wide, terrified eyes! I felt like I was having a heart attack!" Edgeworth slid his arms gently around Phoenix's waist, which surprisingly made Phoenix relax slightly under his grip.
"Don't scare me like that again, ok? I was worried sick all this time you've been unconscious... That and the fact you threw up this morning! Hectic day, huh."
"Mm..." Phoenix stared in a day-dreamlike way into the distance, thinking over his decision one last time. It had been a very upsetting and disturbing way to remember what he had been through when he saw that suicide note that Edgeworth had left all those years ago. To think that Phoenix had actually almost died and was saved by Edgeworth on a whim... It was crazy. It was insane. But most of all...

It proved his utter devotion.

It had always been a mere rumour in Phoenix's mind that he loved Edgeworth. A theory that he felt embarrassed about. Something that he could never admit to anybody - not even himself. But Edgeworth had had the courage to show his true colours, and it was time for Phoenix to return the favour.
"Edgeworth.." Phoenix paused.
"Hm?" Edgeworth lifted his head out of Phoenix's soft bird's-nest of hair;
"Is there anything on your mind?"
"W-well..." Phoenix bowed his head slightly forwards, feeling suddenly tense and hesitant;
"I-it's about what you said earlier..."
"........... Oh?" Edgeworth seemed thoughtful all of a sudden.

'Say it, Phoenix.'

"Edgeworth, I..."
"You...." He was anticipating Phoenix's response just as eagerly as a child anticipating their Christmas presents.
"Iloveyou!...." Phoenix suddenly blurted, saying it so quickly that the 3 words seemed to become 1 entity.
"I didn't catch that.." Edgeworth frowned, unable to understand what Phoenix had inaudibly murmured.

Phoenix took a deep, shaky breath - feeling a bit like a person who was going skydiving but was afraid of heights.

He turned around on Edgeworth's lap and forced himself to look the prosecutor in his beautiful, immaculate eyes;
"Edgeworth.... I... Love you..." He said it slowly, lingering on every syllable and feeling the warm, fuzzy sensation of lovesickness washing over him as a smile registered on Edgeworth's face. As soon as the words had escaped his lips, Phoenix felt relieved. More relieved than he ever had in his life. The huge weight that had been hanging over his shoulders was finally gone.

They were free to love each other.

"I love you too." Edgeworth beamed, reaching out with his hand and lightly stroking Phoenix's cheek - which was gradually changing colour (as usual.)
"So, what happens n-" Phoenix stopped mid-sentence to realise Edgeworth was pecking him on the forehead. Phoenix smiled and, instead of trying to fight it, embraced the moment. He, in return, hugged Edgeworth tightly back and grinned.
"You're ticklish, right?" Edgeworth mumbled, a malicious smirk spread across his face.

Well it was malicious, but not in an evil way... It was the face of someone who had infinite plans.

"Wh-AAH! Stop that! Edge-ahhaha!-worth!-hahaaha!" Phoenix squirmed uncontrollably under Edgeworth's gentle grip as he lightly tickled his neck. Edgeworth couldn't help but laugh along as he watched Phoenix's frantic giggles and protests. After about 10 minutes, Phoenix had managed to pull Edgeworth down too and the two of them were rolling around on the sofa - in stitches after all the laughter - and trying desperately to tickle each other to death (not literally, of course.) It was a very strange way to start a relationship, but that was OK.
Edgeworth and Phoenix had always been different.

That's why they'd found each other.