2. Gringotts

We stepped through the archway, I quickly looked over my shoulder and saw the archway shrink instantly back into a solid wall. The sun shone brightly on a stack of cauldrons outside the nearest shop. Cauldrons of all sizes made of copper, brass, pewter, and silver and a sign said some were self-stirring.

"You'll be needing one but first you'll be needing some money." "H-Ho-how am I g-goi-going to get yen I me-ean m-mon-money?" Dang English is hard. "Did you not know that your father is a professor at Hogwarts named Severus Snape?" I shook my head no and we went to a bank called Gringotts.

Gringotts was a snowy white building that towered over the other little shops. Standing beside its burnished bronze doors, wearing a uniform of scarlet and gold was "That's a goblin." Hagrid said quietly as they walked up the white stones steps in front of them. The goblin was about 2 heads shorter than me. He had a swarthy, clever face, a pointed beard and, very long fingers and feet. He bowed as they walked inside. Now they were facing a second pair of doors, silver this time, with words engraved upon them:

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.

After I read that in my head I then just notice the boy that was with us. He had crazy, uncontrollable black hair, bright, forest green eyes, and had broken glasses on his face. "Hi, I'm Harry Potter who are you?" "I am K-Kira K-Kir-Kirishima." "Are you just learning how to speak English?" I nodded and he smiled "it's ok you don't have to force yourself. I'll help teach you if you want?" I had a wide grin on my face as I nodded my dark purple hair bobbed along with my head.

"Come along you two. You'll have plenty of time to chat at Hogwarts." And with that, we went back to following Hagrid. A pair of goblins bowed them through the silver doors and they were in a vast marble hall. About a hundred more goblins were sitting on high stools behind a long counter, scribbling in large ledgers, weighing coins in brass scales, examining precious stones through eyeglasses. There were too many doors to count leading off the hall, and yet more goblins were showing people in and out of these. All three of us made for the counter. "Morning," said Hagrid to a free goblin. "We've come to take some money out of Mr. Harry Potter's safe." "You have his key, sir?" "Got it here somewhere," said Hagrid, and he started emptying his pockets onto the counter, scattering a handful of moldy dog biscuits over the goblin's book of numbers.

The goblin wrinkled his nose. Harry and I watched the goblin on their right weighing a pile of rubies as big as glowing coals. "Got it," said Hagrid, at last, holding up a tiny golden key. The goblin looked at it closely. "That seems to be in order." "And I've also got a letter here from Professor Dumbledore," said Hagrid importantly, puffing out his chest. "It's about the You-Know-What in vault 713." The goblin read the letter carefully. "Very well," he said, handing it back to Hagrid, "I will have someone take you down to both vaults. Griphook!"

Griphook was yet another goblin. Once Hagrid had crammed all the dog biscuits back inside his pockets, he and Harry followed Griphook toward one of the doors leading off the hall. "What's the You-Know-What in vault 713?" Harry asked I nodded along with him. "Can't tell you that," said Hagrid mysteriously. "Very secret. Hogwarts business. Dumbledore's trusted me. More than my job's worth to tell you that." I and Harry groaned at his reply.

Griphook held the door open for us. Harry looked surprised when they entered the narrow stone passageway lit with flaming torches. It sloped steeply downward and there were little railway tracks on the floor. Griphook whistled and a small cart came hurtling up the tracks toward them. They climbed in, Hagrid with some difficulty, and we're off.