chapter one

Chapter one

Running through Canada's wilderness is about the second hardest thing I've ever had to do. The snow was so thick, to run I really had to get my knees up which was killing my legs. I could feel the burn coursing through my muscles with each step but I had to keep going.

I suddenly felt a presence of three... No four different men chasing me. The woods were thick, white being the only colour I could see, so it was a lot easier to pick out their positions.

There were two above me running along the tree branches while the other two were running just a bit behind me. They were older guys, maybe in their thirties or something along that line. To a normal seventeen year old that would have been terrifying but to me...

It was going to be child's play.

I stopped dead in my tracks and dropped my two ton bag to the ground with a large thud. I took a deep breath and tried to roll my shoulders and neck to relieve the tension and knots. All the movement stopped and I smiled.

It was about -20 degrees at the moment and from the heartrates of these men, they would be able to keep fighting even as the wind whipped around us.

"C'mon out and play boys. I haven't got all day!" I called over the wind and the men in the trees dropped down in front of me.

They were both really tall and lean but otherwise nothing special about them. They had loads of energy flowing through them but not enough for them both to take me out.

The men behind me who had been running stepped out as well from the trees and I looked behind me over my shoulder and gasped. They were short but powerful, the energy coming from them was incredible and I felt doubt plant a seed in my belly. But I quickly squished it.

"Now Theodor isn't playing fair." I muttered and the short guy on the left, laughed. He had a raging orange beard that stood out hugely. It was so bright, almost like... fire.

Oh shit. The guy next to him was bald and showed no emotions.

Relax, my mind said calmly, remember your training. Assess your opponents before attacking.

They weren't humans, they were demons. The two in front of me were lesser demons, only capable of strength and speed. Not much of a threat but the others were more higher classed demons, probably fourth or fifth generation.

The orange bearded one was able to control fire, which wouldn't do him good here but judging from his confidents and the strength of the wind, he was the cause of this storm. The other one, next to him the bald one, was quiet and still showed no emotions. He was strong but not as strong as the orange bearded one so I can only deduce that he is also an air bender.

"Well Theodor believes you aren't a little girl anymore. You can handle us, right?" The bald friend snorted, as it were a ridiculous claim. I glared at them both and pulled out my two trusty pure silver blades.

These instruments were perfect, beyond anything on Earth. They had the ability to harness energy that floated around it and when it cuts another, it slowly drains energy from that said person. They were perfect in every way possible.

It was silent for a second and I saw everything slow down.

Closing my eyes, I saw images flow into me effortlessly now.

The two lesser demons will pull out rusty daggers. They were harmful to every creature so I would have to be careful.

I saw them both charging with a fast, strong attack, while the orange bearded demon threw his arms in the air and so did the bald one and suddenly the wind would be forced against me even hard. My vision will blur and I will stumble back but once they were close enough I would strike back.