chapter nine

Chapter nine

Raphael.. holy shit, Archangel Raphael!

My fangs came out and I couldn't help but hiss at him. At lightning speed, I wrapped one hand around his neck and threw him to the ground. I was mildly surprised at my speed considering my condition.

He didn't fight back though, he just took it.

"Please there is no need for that. I'm not here to fight you or harm the babies. I give you my word." He spoke in a whisper, seeing as I had my hands wrapped around his neck. He looked into my eyes, "I don't know if you know this, but when a Archangel gives you their word, they are-"

"Honour bound by it. It's your law." I sat up and gave him a funny look, slowly letting go of his neck. I didn't trust him but at least I knew I was safe for now at the very least. I took a breath and tried to slow down the adrenalin that was coursing through me like a frat train on the road to destruction.

"That's right, now do you want to go inside because I'm sure this cold can't be doing anything good for the twins." He nodded knowingly and shrugged.

"Oh yeah." I jumped off him and bounced back onto my feet. "So do you want to come inside then?"

"Yes please." He kept smiling and I frowned at him.

We walked inside and I lead him straight into the living room, where I sat in my normal chair. I reached into the arm rest and pressed the emergency button. The button sends signal to Courtney and Ryan's phones, letting them know that I'm in distress. So hopefully they'll call me in a few minutes.

"So what is it you would like to talk to me Raphael?" I asked and I noticed I was a little cold. I glanced at the fire and flicked my hand towards it, making the fire burn almost out of control.

Raphael raised his eyes brows at me and I smirked back. "Consider me impressed." He smirked back and took of his jumper to reveal he was wearing a simple white shirt.

"Yeah, by the way you need to get your facts checked out. Because when poor William came storming in trying to kill me, and he did try... He brought out a sword covered in flames." I gave him a look of complete seriousness before adding, "My strongest element is fire, seeing as you banished my dad to hell and it's kinda, I don't know, filled with it."

He looked surprised before he burst out laughing and it was my turn to look surprise. I tell him that I had the upper hand in a fight against their 'champion' and he laughs?

You can tell who the playful one is in the trio already.

I was right to suspect he was ripped, but not knowing how ripped he was I was taken a little of guard. My eyes were immediately drawn to the fact that there was a golden tattoo on his bicep.

"William has a tattoo just like that.. but his doesn't have the engraving on his. What does it mean? I don't know Latin."

"Well the engraving means "God Heals" in Latin. Oh and the gold band means we are part of Heaven's army. Or at least Will used to be. Until he met you my dear." He smiled at me and I gave him a weird look.

"Why the look Lily?"

"Why are you so okay with this? I mean, I'm Lucifer's daughter and Will-"

"Was created to kill you. Yes I know, I was there when we built him."

"Built him?" I frowned and Raphael nodded.

"How else do you think he came to be? We built him to be half human, half angel. That's why he doesn't have memories, because he doesn't know anything other than training to fight." He looks almost ashamed at the thought and I would be too.