chapter twelve

Chapter twelve

I screamed so loudly I would have thought everyone in the whole world would hear me. I felt a burning pain flush through me and I felt a small part of me break inside.

Courtney was like a sister to me, when we'd adopted her she was nothing but a scared little girl but to have watched her grown was amazing. I loved her with all my heart and to see her die before my eyes, to watch the light go out in her eyes was the hardest thing I've ever been put through.

I crawled over to her and held her head in my lap, wailing and asking anyone who would listen to bring her back. To give her back and let me take her place. I couldn't live without her and the fact that William had done this, made it that much worse.

"Oh shut up you tart." The red head from my vision strutted in, wearing the same tube and short shorts with boots, licking the same lollipop. "Jeez you'd think you guy were related."

"You fucking bitch." I swore at her, my body shaking with angry and she just smiled.

"Don't swear in front of my babies. Don't want my sweethearts picking up on your vile disgusting habits." She smiled making a popping sound with her lollipop. "Speaking of my babies..."

"DON'T FUCKING PUT YOUR HANDS ON THEM." I yelled, my wings exploding outwards as I stood up. Stacy looked a little scared but quickly covered it up and fluttered over to William who stood still and didn't react when she lopped her arms through his. My blood boiled inside but I kept my temper, sending a silent message to Theodor to get here and bring Dad and Lilith.

"Go get our babies." Stacy whispered into William's ear and he complied without hesitation.

"William, stop!" I cried, grabbing onto his shirt and pulling him to stop but he just shrugged me off. He was standing at the cots and I couldn't let this happen.

"Take another step William and I'll take you out." I warned him and he turned to look at me, giving me that beautiful smile before taking both Olivia and Benjamin in his arms. I couldn't attack him now so I used all my energy and sent a fire ball straight over to a doe eyed Stacy who was sent flying backwards, destroying two or three walls.

"That was a stupid move bitch." She spat blood from her mouth raising both her hands in the air before levitating all the broken pieces of the walls and throwing it in my direction. I laughed and with the click of my fingers all the pieces disintegrated.

"No that was a stupid move." I snickered back and she snarled furiously, her face growing bright red with anger.

Suddenly there was movement behind me and whipped around just in time to see both William and our babies disappear from thin air. I gasped in shock and my heart stopped for a moment.

"Did he hate me the whole time then?" I asked softly and I turned slowly to see Stacy circling me, like a lion crawling towards its prey, waiting to strike.

"Yeah, this was all planned from day one. We knew you were in Ireland we just waited for the right moment to strike."

"And the babies?" I asked, my heart slowly dying.

"They are my babies now." She said and with every words she took one step towards me so that we were almost touching noses.

"Kill me then." I asked slowly, my wings falling back into my back and my shirt falling off, not being able to stay on because of the wholes and tears.

"Excuse me?" She asked shocked her eyes growing wide and I almost laughed.

"Just kill me. Without them, I don't see a point." I spoke clearly, looking directly at Courtney who was lying there cold and still. A tear escaped from my eye as I saw Stacy pull out something from under the bed.