TWO

♡♡♡♡♡JACKASS ♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡
JACKASS
 ♡♡♡♡♡

     AFTER ONLY A few moments of walking down the hallway Marina was willing to snap her own neck if it meant that she could leave school. All she wanted to do was get home, change into anything but the heels she had fought through the first few hours of the day in and curl up in her bed and do nothing, but no, she had to sit through hours worth of more classes and deal with Jackson and his clique at lunch only to have to watch him and her brother catch a ball with a stick and tackle freshmen for a whole hour.

Inwardly groaning at the thought of having to spend yet another hour sitting on the hard, cold bleachers until her butt was numb after school she walked into the classroom, her tired expression lifting slightly as she caught sight of the two boys from only a few minutes ago.

Marina greeted them, taking the empty seat in front of Stiles who gave her a flustered, barely audible 'hello' as she sat in her seat. She slung her bag from her shoulder, taking out the necessary items and placing them on her desk before dropping it at her feet. Some days Marina would be feeling particularly less exhausted than most of the time and drop by her locker between classes to pick up and drop off books without a complaint, however, other days when she was feeling slightly homicidal, having no desire to deal with anyone who she happened to run into at her locker's bullshit and would carry her bag throughout the school, only filling it with essentials -- today was the latter.

Before Marina had the chance to pick up a conversation with Scott and Stiles the teacher began jotting down words across the whiteboard. Marina let out a quiet sigh, the underwhelming feeling of learning things she had no interest in whatsoever washing over her.

"As you all know, there was a body found in the woods last night." He began, Marina recalling this morning when she turned on her TV only to discover that her and Scott had been right next to a forest that held a corpse the night before. "And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios for what happened. But I am here to tell you that the police has a suspect which means, you can give your all attention to the syllabus on your desk."

Marina let out a groan, in unison with the rest of the class as she picked up the sheets of paper which had been placed on her desk and began to skim through the boring details that covered the sheet. The girl was about to turn to the next page but stopped, her attention turning to Scott who was whipping his head in every direction with a confused look on his face.

"Are you okay?" Marina asked in a hushed voice to the boy who sat at the desk to her side, slightly concerned for his mental health.

"Yeah, yeah, fine. I just thought I heard something." He nodded, looking back down to the paper in front of him.

Marina furrowed her brows but turned back to her syllabus, completely aware that the boy immediately continued his search for the phantom noise. Ignoring him, she continued to read through the uninteresting paragraphs but had to look up a few seconds later, the boy's gaze distracting her. She followed his line of sight to outside the window which now had no evidence of people, a confused look crossing over her face.