SIX

♡♡♡♡♡COUGAR OR MOUNTAIN LION?♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡
COUGAR OR MOUNTAIN LION?
♡♡♡♡♡

     MARINA STOOD IN line, waiting for lunch with Lydia in front of her and Allison behind her with the rest of their clique queued behind them. The girl's eyes wondered over the vomit inducing food until they landed on a tray filled with mountains of grease coated pizza and she decided that it was the most appetising food that was on offer.

"How many calories are in this?" Lydia asks, pointing towards a tray of green looking sludge that they were trying to pass off as some sort of salad. The lunch lady gives Lydia a look that said 'hell if I know'.

"Can garbage really have any calories?" Marina whispers in Lydia's ear which makes her let out an amused laugh. The lunch lady, however, seems less amused which makes Marina come to the realisation that she had heard her poor attempt at a joke and she quickly averts her eyes, taking a sudden new interest in a nutrition poster on the wall.

"I'll take some." Lydia says with a slight grimace, grabbing and apple and placing it on her tray.

Once Lydia had been served her sludge, Marina moves up the line, sending a forced smile the lunch lady's way. It was safe to say that it wasn't returned.

"Can I have a slice of pizza please?" She asks, batting her eyelashes slightly in a attempt to get on her good side. She had heard that she could hook her up with some tacos without a soggy shell on Taco Tuesdays.

Letting out a grunt, the lunch lady grabs what must have been the greasiest piece of pizza that they had and slaps it onto Marina's plate. Marina looks down at the food which was soaking in it's own pool of oil with distaste and then back to the lunch lady with a smile before moving along to grab an apple, a tub of jello and a bottle of water. She quickly pays with a crumpled five dollar bill and moves to Lydia's side to survey the cafeteria with her.

"I think I know where we're sitting." Lydia smirks, her eyes set on a table that was completely empty apart from two familiar boys who seemed to be having a slightly heated discussion.

Before Marina or Allison could utter a word, Lydia was already on her way over, the two following behind her. When they got close, they managed to catch a snippet of the two's conversation.

"We'll figure it out." Stiles reassures his friend as Marina stood beside him.

"Hey, can we sit with you guys?" Marina asks and Scott is about to answer before being interrupted by Lydia abruptly taking a seat beside him.

"Figure what out?" She asks, feeling that it was her duty as queen bee to get in on all of the gossip, even if it was people she deemed as low tier on the popularity scale.

"Just, uh, homework." Scott stutters and Marina raised an eyebrow at his excuse before turning to Stiles.

"Is this seat taken?" She asks, gesturing towards the empty seat beside the boy.