1

So I accidentally made 2 covers for the book, oops!! so I put both of them up there at the top but the first one will be the main cover.

La's POV

When I was 10, I moved in next to the Griers. The next day we were moving boxes and small furniture into the house. I was carrying a box and looked over and seen 3 boys, 2 around my age and 1 older one, playing with sticks like they were fighting, I wasn't watching where I was walking and I tripped over something and fell to the ground.

Whatever was in the box I was carrying broke and I scraped my knee.

"La, watch where you're going. Are you ok? let me look at your knee." I lifted my knee and out of the corner of my eye I could see the boys looking at us.

"Come on, I need to get you cleaned up and have a bandaid put on." My mom helps me up and into the house. She cleanse it and puts on a bandaid then we go back out.

"Follow me," she walks next door towards the boys fighting with sticks. " hey boys this is my daughter, can she play with you?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am" the older one said then she walked away.

"Hi I'm Will." The older one said.

"Nash!" The one that looked second oldest, then the younger looking one said "I'm Hayes ."

"I'm Jayla but everybody calls me La." I tell them.

"Wanna play fight, with sticks? You can be on Nash's team and I'll take Will." Hayes says and hands me a stick. We play fight for almost an hour and I killed Hayes and he was not happy but we all laughed. Ms.Elizabeth invited me and my mom over for dinner.

"Hey honey, will you and your mom like to come over for dinner tonight?" She asks me.

"I can ask my mommy. I'll be right back." I say and run into my house smiling.

"MOMMY!" I say excitedly.

"What baby?" She bends down to look me in the eye.

"Uuhh Ms.Elizabeth invited us over for dinner tonight, I told her I would come ask you." I say playing with my fingers.

"Okay I'll go talk with her to figure it out." She says and I bolt out the door back to Ms.Elizabeth's house.

"My mommy is coming to talk to you." I say as my mom walks up. I run off to play with the boys.

I walk up behind them quietly.

"AAAHHHHH!" I scream loudly behind them, they jump so high into the air and run a little into the back yard.

"Ahahaha!!" Hayes is screaming while he runs. I bust out laughing.

"La you scared us!" Will said.

"Sorry." I laugh "I thought y'all knew I was there." I laugh more.

"It's not funny" Hayes says walking back up to us he had some tears in his eyes.

"Are you crying? You little cry baby." Nash ask him laughing.

"That's mean he's only like 7." I lightly hit his arm.

"Come on La we have to get you out of these dirty cloths and put on something else for dinner." My mom says and we walk into our brand new house.

I go to my room and look through the drawers that my mom put clothes in. The day before my mom had the movers to put in our beds and all the furniture in the house so all we had to do today was move in our clothes and shoes, plates and cups, and other whatnots and pictures.