3

La's POV

I sit in my regular seat and Jack finds a new seat.

My friend sits beside me.

"Hey girl." I say as she sits.

"Suuup" she smiles back.

"Be quiet!" This lady yells as she walks into the class. The entire class gets silent and we all look at her a give each other weird looks.

"I am your substitute teacher for the day. Your teacher has gotten sick and is unable to make it in. I have a list of things here to do." She says and writes her name on the board. 'Mrs.Simon'. She then calls roll to make sure we are all here.

"Now we will apparently watch a short video and have class discussion for 15 minutes." She flicks off the lights.

Once the video is over we all talk about it as a class and see how other people looked at different things.

After the discussion we just chilled and listen to music on our phones.

For the last bit of class we had a worksheet and I finished so I pull out my phone and start playing 'Slip Away' till class ends. (Y'all Slip Away is a pretty good game if you want to check It out!)

Jack walks out of the door so fast just to avoid bumping into me, I just look down at the floor and walk to my next class.

I walk into maths and sit beside Haley.

"Hey girl!"

"Hey bish!"

"So is Jack still picking us up? I heard what happened. I'm sorry." She says.

"Hell no! He's a fucking asshole! But if you need a ride me and Nash could give you one."I answer.

"I'll just get my mom to take me, she'll probably buy me food too so yeah." She laughs a bit as the teacher comes in and we get started on work.

The day goes by so slow and I'm so bored. Finally got into third block, I walk over and sit with Jude, Jack walks in and sits with some other guys." The teacher hands out sheets for us to read. We also went over the lab from yesterday and the bell for lunch finally rang.

"Finally!" I say as I stand from my desk and stretch. I see Jude and Jack walking out.

catching up to them I stand by Jude and avoid eye contact with Jack. He just walks off somewhere else.

"so that party is gonna be lit." I say as we reach the lunchroom and get in line.

"Hopefully I'll make more friends." Jude says.

"Why? Me, Nash, Gabby, Liza, David, Daniel and Danielle are all the friends you need at this hell hole." I laugh a little.

"Yeah you might be right." He laughs.

"J!" I hear and instantly know who it is because the only nugget that calls me 'J' instead of 'La' is Nash.

"Nash!" I call back.

"So did you get the email saying something about our teacher in 4 block is out for a week because she has the flu or something."

He says and I instantly pull out my phone and look.

"That sucks, I hope she is ok." I say and slip my phone back into my pocket.

"Yeah I hope so too."

"I wonder who our sub is going to be I hope it's that cool lady!" I say happily.

"Yeah that would be awesome if it was, I hope so too." We get our food and sit at the table.