9

La's POV

My mom comes back with the Ice-cream and hands us each what we asked for. We're sitting on the couch eating our delicious tubs of awesomeness, and finishing up the movie when we hear knock on the door and we all look at Ana and she almost starts crying.

"Hey she's in here on the couch. We were trying to cheer her up a bit." My mom says opening the door.

"Hey honey." Her mom says hugging her.

"Hi." She says with a shaky voice.

"You know she was old and she went peacefully, so all we can do is remember all the good times we had with her. Try not to think of it as like she's gone forever, think of it as she went on a vacation and when it's our time we'll see her again." She says to Ana.

"Yeah but it still hurts." She cries a little.

"I know baby, I know."

We all get into a group hug to sooth them and help them calm down.

"Her funeral is going to be in Idaho, where she's from." Her mom tells her.

"Okay" Ana says.

We all detach from the hug so that they can leave. Once we've finished saying our goodbyes, we all sit and pick a different movie and continue to eat our ice cream.

"So that was a pretty good movie."

"Totally I would watch that again!"

We all say about the movie we just watched.

"What now?" Grace says, and they all turn to look at me.

"What?" I asked confused as to what they were all thinking.

"Come here, come with us." Gabby stands and her and Liza grab my hands while Nova and Grace push me forward gently but forceful.

"Okay what's this about?" I ask as we get into a room with the door closed.

"Have you told your mom about Jack? or Nash?" Liza ask and they all look at me.

"Well no not exactly." I answer truthfully.

"I know I'm new in this little group of friends, but La, you need to tell her." Grace says, and the other girls agree.

"I know, I just don't want her to flip out over it." I come up with an excuse that wasn't entirely false.

"She's your mom, La. You need to tell her." Gabby says.

"Yeah I'm sure she'll understand." Nova agrees.

"Okay, y'all are right." I say

"Yeah we know. We'll be right there with you and we'll help you tell her." Grace says and Gabby and Nova agree.

"yep, now come on." Nova pushes me towards the door, and they follow me out.

"Ms.Kay, Jayla has somethings to tell you." Gabby says as we reach the living room.

"Are you going to tell me what has been bothering you? I know you weren't being completely honest when you said you'd get over it." she says and sits on the floor, we all follow suite.

"Yes she is." Grace comments as they all wait for me to start.

"Well last week Jack broke up with me at lunch, and the other day when me and Nash were at the party, I seen him making out with one of my friends, or my use to be friend. Then Nash took me home early because he wanted me not to worry about it. So we went swimming in his pool and he kissed me and it was so romantic and amazing." I say and she looks at me confused.

"I'm so sorry Jack did that I wish you would have told me and, and I know you like Nash so what's the problem there?" she questions.

"The problem is, it was the same night that I seen Jack hookup with someone the day after we broke up... and Nash may or may not hate me because I didn't kiss him back." I tell her truthfully.

"Well why didn't you kiss him back?" My mom asked.

"Because he caught me off guard and I was shocked and didn't know what to do or say and I just stared at him with the most blank expression. Then he got out and locked himself in his room and wouldn't come out. And that's also the reason he hasn't been to the house in a few days." I finish and she nods her head.

"So what are you going to do?" she ask.

"I'm going to give him time while we are here and when we get back I guess I need to talk to him." I tell her and everyone else.

"And we'll help you, we're with you." Nova says and Liza, Gabby and Grace agree with her.

"Thanks guys." I say and hug them.

After we get done talking we all decide to go to sleep as we were all pretty tired.

The next few days we spent at the beach were a blast. We went swimming and then we went out on a boat and got to see dolphins and whales, it was so cool. The last day all we did was sleep in a little bit and pack, then we went and sat by the water for an hour or so then we packed the car and headed back home.

We finally reached the house and Liza, Gabby, Grace and Nova wanted to stay the night again before they all went home.

"Grace how do you like it here so far?" Gabby asks as we are all sitting or laying in my room.

"It's really nice, and I've made some pretty fast friends." she says gesturing to all of us. We all laugh a bit .

"That's good, we are all glad you like it here." Nova says.

"Yeah, there's a lot to do around here because there are beaches and parks and like literally everything." Liza says and we all laugh a bit.

"Yeah, this was the first time I have gotten to do anything since me and my family moved here and it was super fun." Grace replies.

"Yeah.......so Grace, think anyone here is cute?" Nova says wiggling her eyebrows at Grace.

Grace blushes but shakes her head no.

"aw come on Grace!" we all say and she blushes even more.

We all poke her arm until she finally tells us.

"Fine it's Daniel."

"AWWW Daniel!!!" That's cute! Gabby says and Grace blushes even more.

"Yes Daniel, but Jude says that there is something weird about him but he just doesn't know what but that doesn't matter because that's what he says about every boy I like." She tells us.

"Well y'all would be cute." I say.

"Oh whatever. He probably doesn't even know I exist let alone like me back." She replies. Liza, Nova, Gabby and I just give her this look that says 'really'.

"He does know you exist, what are you talking about! And I'm pretty sure he likes you too!!! I've seen him glance at you every time you walk past each other in the halls since you got here." Gabby says.

"Really!!?" Grace says and smiles really big.

"No I'm just saying that, of course really!!" Gabby says and laughs.

"Aawwww, well we can talk to him and stuff and see if he really does like you or not." I say.

"No you don't have to do that, I mean after all you are a senior in high school and I'm a Junior, we are grown from that stage where we do this stuff." She says.

"Eehh, who cares? We are only this young once." I say back.

" I guess you're right... but don't make it super obvious please?" She whines.

" We won't, calm down." I laugh at her a little.

...