2

Back at the guild

Natsu suddenly bolted up from the fight he was having with Gray and sniffed the air. Lucy's sent was faint. That's not right, she usually tells him right before she leaves so that he could walked her home. He walked away from the ice mage behind him, who was yelling curse words at him, and started to roam the hall with his eyes. He growled slightly when he didn't find her anywhere.

"Woah, Natsu, you okay there?" Freed walked up to him. Natsu growled at him slightly before jumping on a table and looking around once again. The guild became quiet and looked at him worried. He started spinning in a circle looking everywhere frantically, while the others tried to calm him down.

"Where's Lucy!?" He suddenly shouted. The guild went slack for a second with realization. Lucy always left with Natsu, always said goodbye, and ALWAYS made sure to all tell them goodnight. This caused them to panic also and started frantically looking for her. Everyone was running around, flipping desks, and throwing chairs. Lucy's small became disoriented and disappeared, causing Natsu to snort with annoyance. Mira came from the guild masters office with a grimace and as soon as Natsu set his sights on her, he rushed to her side, grabbing her arms tightly and asked where she was. She yanked herself from his grasp and told him to wait. That didn't settle him down.

The door suddenly creaked open, causing everyone to pause and snap their head as Levy came in with tear stained cheeks. Gajeel was the first one to get to her as they crowded around, asking her what's wrong. She hugged Gajeel into an embrace, slightly shocking him, and hid her face into his chest. A slight blush boomed over his face that he ignored.

"Lu-chan wanted to be stronger so we got her to go training in a different place. We didn't want you to worry you. It's all my fault." She murmbled into his chest, clutching harder. The guild was in shock at what they had heard. Mira walked up to her and took her out of Gajeel arms, much to his relief and distaste.

"It's not your fault Levy, we didn't plan ahead. We just suddenly sprung the idea and forced it onto her. Though knowing her she'd probably go through it just to make us proud." Mira laughed lightly that came partly out like a chocked up sob.  They clung to each other as tears came to their eyes.

Natsu suddenly looked at the floor with mixed emotions before sitting down with a look of defeat. He didn't want this to happen. He wants Lucy back. He wants his Lucy back her. Back into his arms. Gray patted his shoulder, hoping to give him some reassurance, only to be shrugged off.

"You have it right?" The guild looked at the creater of the voice and saw Mater looking up at them. Levy nodded, much to the confusion of the guild. He grunted and stepped back and walked over to the bar where he sat with a scowl, waiting impatiently.

Levy pulled herself from Mira and took an enchanted gem out of her pocket. She gently pushed it into Mira's hand with a look of desperation. Mira nodded before chanting a small spell on it. It glowed before floating out of her hand and creating a hologram.

Lucy's image showed as she spoke. "Hello? Levy? Are you alright? Do I need to come back?"

Levy laughed and waved her off. "No, no. Just showing the guild I still have contact with you." She answered with a chocked voice. The guild behind her stood in shock of her appearance. Hope bloomed into their hearts, Lucy is safe for now.

"Alright, don't scare me like that though." She scolded, waving a finger and hand on her hip. They laughed lightly. Lucy had obviously been crying as she was in the same state Levy is in. She had tears stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes. She looked past Levy and towards the guild with a sad look. "I'm going to miss you guys, please wait for me okay. Don't forget me as this is not a goodbye. I love you guys and don't forget that." She gave them her famous closed eyed smile and giggled lightly.

"Of course Lucy, how could we ever forget you." Erza came from behind Gray and placed a hand on his back shoulder. He had put on clothes from earlier as soon as he heard that Lucy was missing. That didn't help the fact that her armer felt warm against his shirt. Lucy smiled suddenly became guilty.

"Natsu." He looked up in response. "I'm extremely sorry for not telling you. Apparently when your being dragged out of the guild by your best female friends while your stuttering in protest is a terrible way to get people's attention." She chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck shyly. Mira and Levy laughed and high fives each other for a job well done. Wiping their tears while they were at it. Natsu stood up from the floor and walked over to the hologram with a small grin.

"Don't worry Luce. I don't blame you." Lucy huffed out in relief and giggled slightly. She pushed a piece of hair out of her face and gave another smile, with a wink, while thanking him.

"Well then. For fairy tail!" She said gleefully and pointed at the sky. Her guild mark glowing slightly in the hologram.

"FOR FAIRY TAIL!" The guild shouted while using the same gesture. Some members where crying at the bond. She giggled lightly and looked at the guild with love. A sudden shout from behind her made her cringe. She giggled lightly and put a finger over her lips, telling them to be quiet.

"Thank you guys, see you soon." She gave her final smile and wink before ending the communication signal. Silence took place in the guild and they haven't been the same since.

Natsu would sit by himself and growl at anyone who would approach, he stopped going on quests too. Happy never left Calra's side, but he didn't flirt either. Eventually, Wendy was the one taking care of him. Gray stopped doing quests with them and created a new group with Juvia. Erza started going on S-class quests by herself. Mira rarely talked to anyone unless it was an order or to Levy on Lucy's update or Laxus', whenever he visited. Gajeel stuck closer to Levy's side as sometimes she would break down crying randomly and hold the jem to her chest. Wendy started going on more quests with Romeo, Happy, and Carla.

The air in the guild seemed more tense to the point not even Canna drunk in it. It became depressing as no one seemed to care about anything, not even bickering. It was just... Silent.