5

Rory's eyes fluttered open and she found herself securely encased in a pair of strong arms. She smiled as she quickly remembered the night before, and asking Logan to stay. For the next ten minutes, Rory did very slow and small movements, freeing herself from Logan's arms without waking him up. She grabbed her phone and opened up the glass sliding door to her balcony. Within seconds, a familiar voice greeted her.

"Rory??? Rory is that you? I could hardly recognize your voice! Its been so long!" Lorelai exclaimed in an overdramatic tone.

Rory laughed, "Mom! It has only been 3 days! Anyway, I have some news..."

"Uh oh, is this 'there's a huge sale at Sephora' kind of news? Or is it 'there's a coffee shortage in Connecticut kind of news?'"

"Well, for you, this news is a little closer to a coffee shortage"

She could hear her mother sigh, "Rory..."

"You see I bumped into Logan the other day and-"

Lorelai interrupted, "Huntzberger?"

"Yes, and-"

"The Logan Huntzberger? As in was the guy who was this close to being your fiancé Logan Huntzberger?"

Rory rolled her eyes, she was not at all surprised to be getting this reaction from her mother.

"Yes! Now pipe down and let me finish!"

Lorelai grumbled in resistance but obeyed.

"So I bumped into him, and we started talking, but I had to go. Then, he offered to pick out furniture with me" Rory spat all of the information out very quickly, going through the events in her head.

"You went furniture shopping without me?" Lorelai whined.

"I'll let you rearrange it in any way you want the next time you're here!"

Lorelai gasped, "You traitor! It's already been delivered? Wait. Please tell me Logan didn't just buy everything for you."

"No, no, all he bought that day was coffee"

"Hmm. Smart boy, he knows his way into your heart. That's what a Yale education will get you!"

Rory laughed, "Yes, he is very smart"

"Wait. You two are already furnishing an apartment together? Are you guys together- Rory, what actually happened when you two 'bumped' into each other?"

She scrunched up her face after hearing what her mother was implying, "Mom! I first saw him two days ago! Also, I would tell you if anything happened..."

"Oh Rory, a lot can happen in less than two days"

Rory rolled her eyes, "So Logan and I talked and he apologized for giving me an ultimatum two years ago. Mom, I definitely have feelings for him and it seems like he feels the same way..."

She proceeded to give a play by play report of the day before, giving her mother every last detail (down to what she ordered at the Indian restaurant).

"Okay, bye Mom, I'll see you tomorrow!" Rory turned around and looked into her room. She noticed that Logan was no longer there. Immediately, Rory was flustered. Didn't we have a good night last night? Why would he leave without saying goodbye? She yanked the glass door open, trying to ignore the pit in her stomach.

Just as she thought her emotions were going to get the best of her, she heard a loud clang from the kitchen. Rory walked out of her bedroom, searching for the source of the noise.

She was pleased to discover that Logan was in the kitchen, cooking.